Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Got To Be KIDDING ME!?!
You Got To Be KIDDING ME!?!
A new commercial just came on about the new noah's ark crap being a museum in kentucky. You got to be kidding me, just a waste of money that could be used for better purposes. The kid on the commercial was all happy about god, and asked "So all the animals in the world fitted on the ark?"

It seems Kentucky has reached a new level of stupidity. Guarantee there will be field trips for elementary, and middle schools.
[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]
RE: You Got To Be KIDDING ME!?!
Quote:It seems Kentucky has reached a new level of stupidity

They hit rock bottom when they elected Rand Paul to the senate. After that it is just bouncing the rubble.
The worst part?

The rail against taxes and the like, despite the heavy economic hitters like California providing the vast majority of tax revenue while they, the midwest states, actually survive off of government hand outs derived from such.

Ergo, the coastal states should be furious at their tax dollars, recycled by hand-to-mouth via the federal government to these hell holes, is being spent on something that will fail in a fortnight.
I doubt it will fail; at least not for a while. The people in this country are as stupid as ever.
Trudging through endless religion one step at a time.
(July 24, 2011 at 9:13 pm)MilesTailsPrower Wrote: A new commercial just came on about the new noah's ark crap being a museum in kentucky. You got to be kidding me, just a waste of money that could be used for better purposes. The kid on the commercial was all happy about god, and asked "So all the animals in the world fitted on the ark?"

It seems Kentucky has reached a new level of stupidity. Guarantee there will be field trips for elementary, and middle schools.

Are they still getting state funding? If they're spending their own money they can do whatever the fuck they like.
Sorry, Void.....this is why you don't understand what republicolibertarianazism is in the Bible Belt!

It's just too far outside your realm of comprehension.

http://politics.gather.com/viewArticle.a...4979041422

Quote:Anyone applying for a position at Ark Encounter, a Noah's Ark theme park being built in Kentucky by Ken Ham in conjunction with Answers in Genesis, will be required to submit a written testimony of their born-again Christian beliefs, according to the official Answers in Genesis employment page.

This testimony must be accompanied by a statement by the applicant in support of creationism and the Answers in Genesis "Statement of Faith."

The catch? Ark Encounter creators have hinted at expecting their project to be largely funded by the state of Kentucky, which is already granting the park large tax subsidies. The use of federal and state funding would seem to make the park's hiring requirements illegal, as they clearly discriminate against non-Christians.

These stupid bastards are always stealing money from the government for their bullshit. Maybe if people said something about it attention would be brought to this waste of government funds. This money could have been used to fund schooling, or maybe helping people but instead will be wasted on something that will only promote ignorance and stupidity on a mass scale.
If god created all of us in his image, he must have been a real pussy and an irrational idiot to boot. Think about it, humans are fragile as can be, any living thing could kill us. Not to mention the fact that humans are the only species to kill over even the slightest differences.
Madness....we're still looking for the cure. Well, we do have one, it's called education. But it only works when they are willing to use their heads and actually take in knowledge and to question things. Not so easy when they've been indoctrinated into a religious belief from a young age.
Bastard priests! They've given them resistance to reason and intelligence!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(July 25, 2011 at 3:52 am)Ace Otana Wrote: Madness....we're still looking for the cure. Well, we do have one, it's called education. But it only works when they are willing to use their heads and actually take in knowledge and to question things. Not so easy when they've been indoctrinated into a religious belief from a young age.
Bastard priests! They've given them resistance to reason and intelligence!

Education is awful in Kentucky, I've had issues with half of my teachers not doing their work and then it affecting my grades. I can't wait to see the questions the students ask when we study the theory of evolution [TOE]. I would hate having to stand up during a ADVANCED science class and tell them to THINK with their brain. Fucksakes they waste our money over religious propaganda, it's not like we don't have a church around every corner of my street.
[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]
(July 25, 2011 at 4:03 am)MilesTailsPrower Wrote: Education is awful in Kentucky, I've had issues with half of my teachers not doing their work and then it affecting my grades. I can't wait to see the questions the students ask when we study the theory of evolution [TOE]. I would hate having to stand up during a ADVANCED science class and tell them to THINK with their brain. Fucksakes they waste our money over religious propaganda, it's not like we don't have a church around every corner of my street.

Well we see where the source of madness is coming from. No education, heavy religious indoctrination = Stupid.

There's your problem -

No thought going on at all.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beatles song hey ya got to hide your love away is very relateable for forever single Rextos 3 1232 March 15, 2016 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  This is the message I just got on Facebook Easy Guns 15 4016 December 31, 2015 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Easy Guns
  my ramble on facebook.. got bored Goon 1 1331 April 23, 2015 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: Goon
  So toay i got my triangle tattoo and watched what happend AugumentAthiest666 3 1332 December 8, 2014 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Atheism just got OwowowowOWNED!!! MJ the Skeptical 28 4215 June 23, 2014 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
  My girlfriend got discriminated by some of her family MJ the Skeptical 27 4923 June 7, 2014 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Have you known any atheists which got converted? tor 55 7673 March 20, 2014 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Funny story: How a soldier got his Pastafarian dogtags Ziploc Surprise 4 3937 May 10, 2012 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Just got The God Delusion MilesTailsPrower 24 7317 July 16, 2011 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: Spectrum
  I got books! Supernaut 18 7928 June 28, 2011 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger