Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:41 am

Poll: What will happen to this galaxy?
This poll is closed.
The push of Klackon space will fall back as they engage on two new fronts.
20.00%
1 20.00%
Silicoid-Meklar will be pressed even more into the fringes of the galaxy due to many of its worlds being so close to new threats.
20.00%
1 20.00%
The new arrivals will turn out to be worthless and easy pickings.
20.00%
1 20.00%
Planetary colonization craze throughout the galaxy. Can we get a holy shit?
40.00%
2 40.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new threat on the horizon.
The new threat on the horizon.
Triangulum is about to collide with us. Because their technological states are unknown... we have decided unanimously (Fensha doesn't count) to warn the Human-UN/GDO of what we know.

The Tevnarox and Ithktul are the two primary races to worry about. There would also be the Aviriess and the Te'nora... but the former is enslaved by their former slaves (Tevnarox) and the later was assimilated into the Ithktul, which is not a good thing considering the great bulk of the Te'nora.

The Tevnarox could most easily be compared to vampires of your Human myths. They enjoy their meat rare (or rather... uncooked...), have rather long incisors, bipedal primates, look relatively like us but with a generally larger jaw, more acute hearing on both sides of the spectrum, are largely Gothic when it comes to their coloration and rather Victorian in their art and fashion styles. They haven't warred with themselves in over a billion years, are ruled by an Oligarchy of representatives from the Military, Agriculture, and other various elders... and they never achieved flight off of their planet due to not being concerned scientific progress in non-health related fields. All scientific endeavors were strictly on the back of individuals to achieve, and there was no particular incentive for them to do so. Until...

The Aviress descended upon their planet. I could most easily relate these to Angels, only not gay. A theocracy, they deemed the Planet-bound race fit for nothing but slaves, and by the decree of the gods: so it was done. But being a powerful people bound not in honor, but in tradition: the Tevnarox broke the Aviress hold on them and stole about half their fleet as they did so. And thus began a war so bloody that not even BOB2 could compare in the slightest.

And not long after their victory... they met the Ithktul.

The Ithktul... biological creation by the Antaran race. Think the Borg... but worse. These aren't even cybernetic... the goal of these things is to eliminate all life of other species. Nothing will be spared in fighting us. Nothing can be spared in fighting us. And they defeated the Te'nora and have fought with the Tevnarox since. Nothing more need be said of these foul creatures.

The balance of power in the galaxy will shift hugely with the new arrivals. It is expected the galaxies will conjoin largely within Klackon space. If the threat wasn't so great... I'd herald this as a gift of chance. But their technology may be stronger than ours... and we're preparing for them being aggressive.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
RE: The new threat on the horizon.
How does this pertain to gaming?
(July 25, 2011 at 7:48 pm)edk141 Wrote: How does this pertain to gaming?

Master of Orion is a simulation of space how it is. Or didn't the two developers tell you? Probably thought you'd call them crazy, hah.
Quote:The new arrivals will turn out to be worthless and easy pickings.

That's what the Indians thought.

[Image: 484012121_a4b45578f3.jpg]
I didn't know that native americans ever picked up rifles agains the western invaders Thinking
All of my social irony meters are broken at this point....that was sarcasm right?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 31, 2011 at 6:49 pm)Rhythm Wrote: All of my social irony meters are broken at this point....that was sarcasm right?

Ever wondered what is taught in alaskan history classes?

Tongue
Andraste's tits, I need to get on here more often.
What IS taught in Alaskan history classes?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:Ever wondered what is taught in alaskan history classes?

Apparently that you can see Russia from Anchorage.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horizon Zero Dawn The Valkyrie 10 1160 March 16, 2017 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: ignoramus