Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debaters vs Insulters
Debaters vs Insulters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuIjhxM9A...ture=feedu

I've been subscribed to this guy for a good while now and I thought I'd share him with the atheist community here.

This particular video highlights a very good point I think, atheists seem to be developing into two groups. The debaters and the insulters. Does anyone else think this? If so which would you call yourself?

I'd have to say I do like to do a fair bit of insulting to those dumbass bible bashers...
RE: Debaters vs Insulters
Napoleon,

You are a master-debater who likes to insult people.

[Image: BigSmile.png]
[Image: Evolution.png]

(July 26, 2011 at 3:09 pm)Cinjin Wrote: Napoleon,

Funny. I've actually acknowledged myself as a master-debater on many occasions.
Most theists are as dumb as a bag of cunt hair so it is easy to just fall in the habit of insulting them.

Big Grin

I've been known to do it myself on occasion!
Dumb as a bag of cunt hair? HAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm writing that down for future reference.
Is this guy talking about atheists having a go at other atheists? If so, it's like he's being the parent telling off his kids. Not sure I understand - so some atheists are also dickheads, hardly surprising.

I don't insult people when I debate (you need all the high ground you can get with most of these people), but I will be extremely rude, flippant and damning about their beliefs/actions if they are worthy of ridicule. I can be really blunt, calling their belief system a lie, evil, ridiculous or shameful, depending on what suits, and I'm certainly not going to hold back. But why bother shit-slinging? Doesn't solve the problem at all.
You can debate with some people only so long.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(July 26, 2011 at 3:13 pm)Napoleon Wrote:
(July 26, 2011 at 3:09 pm)Cinjin Wrote: Napoleon,

Funny. I've actually acknowledged myself as a master-debater on many occasions.

I would call you a mastur-bator too
(July 26, 2011 at 3:46 pm)ElDinero Wrote: Is this guy talking about atheists having a go at other atheists? If so, it's like he's being the parent telling off his kids. Not sure I understand - so some atheists are also dickheads, hardly surprising.

There's dickheads in every society.
But to clear it up, he's talking about how Thunderf00t responded to certain arguments by shit-slinging right off the bat. I'm not 100% sure whether it was against theists but it sure sounds like it.
I don't think he's intending to sound like a parent telling off his kids, he's just highlighting that atheists can be just as dogmatic as theists at times.

(July 26, 2011 at 3:51 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: I would call you a mastur-bator too

I'd call you the same but we all know what happens when you reach old age eh? Maybe I'll just call you a cunt instead. Wink
Some people are worthy of debate, some of insults. Discretion is a virtue.
[Image: bloodyheretic.png]

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
Einstein

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down happy. They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life.

- John Lennon