Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Korean meat processor wins bid to buy U.S. chicken company
Korean meat processor wins bid to buy U.S. chicken company
There's a joke in there somewhere I just know it.

Quick! Check the roosters.
First there's outsourcing and now there's incoming.
Yeah, that's a good one.

Sorta.

(7/27/2011)
Rod Smith

A South Korean meat and poultry business this week won an auction to buy Allen Family Foods Inc., a chicken integrator in Delaware that filed for bankruptcy liquidation earlier this year (Feedstuffs, June 20).

Harim Holdings Co. Ltd., through its newly established Harim USA Ltd., outbid cross-state producer Mountaire Farms of Delaware, which walked away from bidding Monday after a bankruptcy court trustee said its $30 million offer was too low.

It hasn't yet been announced week what Harim USA offered, but the trustee had stated that he valued Allen at $53 million.
*Feedstuffs Full Article*

"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
RE: Korean meat processor wins bid to buy U.S. chicken company
And an inflow of capital to resurrect a business in liquidation is a bad thing how? Who cares if it's Koreans who own it?
[Image: dog_p7.jpg]

Some of us LIKE dogs!
(July 28, 2011 at 2:08 am)Minimalist Wrote: [Image: dog_p7.jpg]

Some of us LIKE dogs!

Wow, primary school racism? Well done Min.
Korean Fried Chicken?
[Image: KFC_logo.png]
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Yeah I can't help but see this as a good thing. The business gets a new lease on life, and on top of it a foreign food processor now has an american facility which is subject to american standards and regulations. Sure, they'll have to hire migrant workers for $2.50 a day as opposed to Korean labor (IDK if korean labor is cheaper or not), but if they can compete, its a win win.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 28, 2011 at 3:54 am)theVOID Wrote:
(July 28, 2011 at 2:08 am)Minimalist Wrote: [Image: dog_p7.jpg]

Some of us LIKE dogs!

Wow, primary school racism? Well done Min.

Yeah, Void..I just pulled that right out of my ass with no reason other than I don't like Koreans!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/28...86427.html

Quote:Dog may be a staple ingredient in various Asian cuisines, but that wasn't enough to silence South Korean animal rights activists, whose repeated protests lead to the cancellation of a Seongnam festival focused on promoting canine meat's consumption.

As the AFP is reporting, the festival -- planned to “showcase canine food products, including barbecued dog, sausages and steamed paws”

Yep...pure fiction!

(July 28, 2011 at 3:54 am)theVOID Wrote: Wow, primary school racism? Well done Min.

Dude, calling racist when someone backs it up with facts only shows how little you know about Korean culture.

Minimalist might be ignorant about it, but you're being more so.

All you're doing is diluting the term 'racist'. Dodgy And yes, several ethnic Korean dishes utilize dog.
REF: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_meat_co...outh_Korea

Though I don't really care what they eat (kinda interested in eating man's best friend)...

With respect to the current OP, I don't really care. As long as the US gets some money out of it, good.
Fucking koreans. We kicked their asses in the vietnam war.
As long as they don't start rounding up stray dogs, I don't see an issue with this.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone leaving if Trump wins? onlinebiker 39 2265 October 27, 2020 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  IIhan Omar wins Minnesota Congressional Primary Foxaèr 0 214 August 12, 2020 at 10:34 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1434 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  [Serious] Processed meat notimportant1234 29 2039 October 17, 2019 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  trump announces his bid for reelection! Drich 154 13453 July 18, 2019 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  30 foot Chicken Fireball 4 516 August 10, 2017 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Looks like Macron wins French Presidential Election easily TheRealJoeFish 30 7413 May 8, 2017 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Nanny
  Health Insurance: Canada Wins Minimalist 12 2118 March 21, 2017 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Here's A Texan I'd Like To Buy A Beer Minimalist 0 467 July 23, 2016 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  If Trump wins... dyresand 14 1458 July 22, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: account_inactive