Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washington State Parents Most Likely Not to Vaccinate
Washington State Parents Most Likely Not to Vaccinate
Quote:Washington has won the dubious distinction of being the state with the most parents opting not to have their children be vaccinated. According to the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, more than 6 percent of Washington kindergarteners were missing one or more immunizations in the 2009-2010 school year, with the chicken pox vaccine the most commonly missed; the state is said to be experiencing an “epidemic of worry over vaccine safety.”

http://www.care2.com/causes/wash-state-p...ldren.html

Is this a typical American thing? Most Dutch parents I know can't wait to get their kids vaccinated.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
RE: Washington State Parents Most Likely Not to Vaccinate
We have people spreading the unfounded claim that there is a link between autism and vaccines. I'm sure that has a lot to so with it. Then of course there are the Americans that think Jesus will keep their kid healthy.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Hopefully these un-vaccinated children will grow up and vaccinate their children. The level of abject stupidity that some people just dive right into...is beyond me.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
http://www.salon.com/life/feature/2011/0...ism_debate

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(August 1, 2011 at 11:30 am)Rhythm Wrote: Hopefully these un-vaccinated children will grow up and vaccinate their children. The level of abject stupidity that some people just dive right into...is beyond me.

What bugs me (or would bug me, if I lived in America) is that these people hurting more than just themselves, they're putting their child and everyone with whom the child comes into contact at risk. Vaccinating one's children should not be an option.
There are hospitals in the US that won't let parents take their newborn home until they have given them a name.
There are States that will seize the child, through CPS, if the newborn hasn't had all their shots by the time they're 6 months of age.
That's abject stupidity, when the newborns immune system isn't fully developed until they're 18 months of age, post utero, so as to handle the production of antibodies that are suppose to generate when vaccinations are injected into the body.
France, long years ago, linked early vaccinations to SIDS. Because it was found the victim newborns immune systems weren't fully capable of handling an onslaught of chemical serums into the body and as a consequence the body shut down. A law was passed putting off first series shots till the infant was something like 1 year old. After that, the rate of SIDS reported deaths dropped dramatically.

The U.S FDA was aware of this French study. But because it was conducted through French labs and hospitals, the FDA didn't consider it credible because they hadn't had oversight on an experimental model conducted in U.S lab's and/or hospitals.
It's common sense really, but the FDA, while common, isn't so much when it comes to sense, compassion or foresight.
If a newborns immune system isn't fully developed after birth, and it's not, then inundating that little pure physiological system just getting use to everything in it's world, from home environment, air quality, etc... with purified chemicals containing every altered disease causing microorganisms in the first shots array, is going to put at risk or kill the child before it's immune system is ready to fight what it's antibodies are suppose to fight, were they up and running in a fully developed system.

The exceptions, those not suffering SIDS, are indeed the exceptions. But not because policy makes sense and that's how it's suppose to work. But because they got lucky and survived what is otherwise killer policy.

Good for Washington State parents. Think outside the controls. Make for a healthy child, before shooting up an unprepared immune system and burying the child. Because while at the funeral at least it can be said you were in compliance with the laws that came before that.
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
(August 1, 2011 at 5:48 am)leo-rcc Wrote: Is this a typical American thing? Most Dutch parents I know can't wait to get their kids vaccinated.

About as American as big Jeeps, Apple Pie and the great Religious Revival.

Sometimes I don't know what to think...

Here we have places in the world in absolute squalor with abject stupidity, and then we have the first world with same stupid, but no squalor.

America boggles the mind. Confused Fall

(August 1, 2011 at 2:33 pm)Judas BentHer Wrote: There are hospitals in the US that won't let parents take their newborn home until they have given them a name.

Yes, that's for legal documentation reasons. But don't let this stop your atavistic rant.

(August 1, 2011 at 2:33 pm)Judas BentHer Wrote: There are States that will seize the child, through CPS, if the newborn hasn't had all their shots by the time they're 6 months of age.
I find that hard to believe, considering the clusterfuck the US has had in trying to give free healthcare to fully grown adults.

But continue...

(August 1, 2011 at 2:33 pm)Judas BentHer Wrote: That's abject stupidity, when the newborns immune system isn't fully developed until they're 18 months of age, post utero, so as to handle the production of antibodies that are suppose to generate when vaccinations are injected into the body.
I need more data on that. Last time I checked, the mother passed on antibodies, white blood cells and other goodies (including certain specific diseases) to an infant. Those are either assimilated or destroyed by the infants immune system relatively quickly.

I find it hard to believe that in six months an infant hasn't a functional immune system -- that seems pointedly ridiculous given the opportunistic nature of pathogens.

Still, more data.

(August 1, 2011 at 2:33 pm)Judas BentHer Wrote: France, long years ago, linked early vaccinations to SIDS. Because it was found the victim newborns immune systems weren't fully capable of handling an onslaught of chemical serums into the body and as a consequence the body shut down. A law was passed putting off first series shots till the infant was something like 1 year old. After that, the rate of SIDS reported deaths dropped dramatically.

You're full of shit.

REF: http://www.euvac.net/graphics/euvac/vacc...rance.html
REF: http://www.who.int/docstore/wer/pdf/1997/wer7221.pdf
REF: http://www.quackwatch.org/03HealthPromot...mmu10.html

The first REF indicates that, yes, France immunizes infants. The second is a WHO report on one of the French anti-vaccination scares involving Multiple Sclerosis. The third analyzes and points out that, once again, France immunizes their infants and adolescents.

(August 1, 2011 at 2:33 pm)Judas BentHer Wrote: The U.S FDA was aware of this French study. But because it was conducted through French labs and hospitals, the FDA didn't consider it credible because they hadn't had oversight on an experimental model conducted in U.S lab's and/or hospitals.
It's common sense really, but the FDA, while common, isn't so much when it comes to sense, compassion or foresight.

You would have us relax our standards of experimentation because the French said so?

You're mad. Really.

Compassion and common sense have no place in science, where things are verified or not. Verification makes the difference between trusting twits like you and seeing if A really does lead to B.

(August 1, 2011 at 2:33 pm)Judas BentHer Wrote: If a newborns immune system isn't fully developed after birth, and it's not, then inundating that little pure physiological system just getting use to everything in it's world, from home environment, air quality, etc... with purified chemicals containing every altered disease causing microorganisms in the first shots array,

Ok, Jenny McCarthy, you can think that. Even though the infant is already under assault by the very, very dirty environment. In fact, a dirty environment actually stimulates immune system development.

Also, I emboldened a few things that I thought reeked of fear mongering. Hope you don't mind.

(August 1, 2011 at 2:33 pm)Judas BentHer Wrote: is going to put at risk or kill the child before it's immune system is ready to fight what it's antibodies are suppose to fight, were they up and running in a fully developed system.

The exceptions, those not suffering SIDS, are indeed the exceptions. But not because policy makes sense and that's how it's suppose to work. But because they got lucky and survived what is otherwise killer policy.

And yet France still immunizes their infants. The horror.

(August 1, 2011 at 2:33 pm)Judas BentHer Wrote: Good for Washington State parents. Think outside the controls. Make for a healthy child, before shooting up an unprepared immune system and burying the child. Because while at the funeral at least it can be said you were in compliance with the laws that came before that.

Before wide scale immunization was common, a great many children died of easily preventable diseases.'

Go back to your cave, you loon.
(August 1, 2011 at 1:37 pm)edk141 Wrote:
(August 1, 2011 at 11:30 am)Rhythm Wrote: Hopefully these un-vaccinated children will grow up and vaccinate their children. The level of abject stupidity that some people just dive right into...is beyond me.

What bugs me (or would bug me, if I lived in America) is that these people hurting more than just themselves, they're putting their child and everyone with whom the child comes into contact at risk. Vaccinating one's children should not be an option.

I don't think it is an option in Florida, not if they are going to a public school.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
(August 1, 2011 at 2:35 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Go back to your cave, you loon.

ROFLOL
Edit; Because you're BS is not really worth talking to.
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
6% of kindergartners is a massive sum. I can't believe that so many children might not be vaccinated. The horror.

Assuming they don't get killed off by tetanus, you mean Heart
(August 1, 2011 at 2:35 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: And yet France still immunizes their infants. The horror.

Crap... you already used 'the horror' :S Oh well, second time's the charm Sad
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mental state of narcos who commit atrocious crimes. Macoleco 16 2931 April 24, 2018 at 7:50 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Way to go CA. Vaccinate those kids! brewer 1 769 July 1, 2016 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Your parents. paulpablo 41 3932 May 20, 2016 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Old Age and Muscular State Arrogant Christian 25 9099 July 29, 2015 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Arrogant Christian
  People more likely to choose a spouse with similar DNA MountainsWinAgain 3 1034 May 28, 2014 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  People with Asperger's less likely to see purpose behind the events in their lives Justtristo 23 8647 January 10, 2011 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet