Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 2:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fox News Viewers Threaten Atheists Over 9/11 Cross Lawsuit
Fox News Viewers Threaten Atheists Over 9/11 Cross Lawsuit

[Image: wtc-cross-world-trade-center-cross.jpg]
The American Center for Law and Justice said it will file an amicus brief in support of the World Trade Center cross display at the 9/11 Memorial and Museum. American Atheists has filed a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of the cross.

The Christian Post > Wed, Aug. 10 2011

By Nicola Menzie | Christian Post Contributor

Christians are being blamed after viewers of a Fox News program logged onto the news network's Facebook page and left violent and threatening comments for a representative of an atheist group suing over the placement of a cross at the 9/11 site. (Full Article)
Religion of peace.
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
RE: Fox News Viewers Threaten Atheists Over 9/11 Cross Lawsuit
They follow a slightly different jesus....

[Image: l.jpg]
(August 10, 2011 at 12:18 pm)Minimalist Wrote: They follow a slightly different jesus....

How can you tell?

You can't chastise a group for what morons post on their websites. And that's what lots of people seem to be doing...

Also this is quite a dickish lawsuit...
(August 10, 2011 at 1:05 pm)Rwandrall Wrote: You can't chastise a group for what morons post on their websites. And that's what lots of people seem to be doing...

Also this is quite a dickish lawsuit...

Ditto
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I don't see this article indicting the whole of Christendom. I see this article indicting those who claim to be Christian, who are conducting themselves in this manner in opposition to the AA's lawsuit, when they're allegedly followers of Christ who taught peace, tolerance, love for one's neighbor as one's self.
I've said I think the suit is absurd. And I agree with AA in one respect, that this memorial should include icons from every faith, if there's to be any memorial at ground zero at all, that would include the symbol for "A" atheists as well. Not everyone in that building was Christian. Not every surviving family member of the lost wants their beloved family and/or friends to be memorialized in the shadow of a religious icon that their family member(s) or friend(s) would not have afforded personal allegiance to as a faith or symbol when alive.

It's damn presumptuous to imply this is one nation under one god. And it's insulting to the dead to demarcate what amounts to a tomb, given not all the remains of the lost have been recovered, nor shall they be, with one religious symbol that in itself represents a religion who's history, as those faithful in the article portray of themselves today, was just as bloody, just as intolerant, just as murderous in furtherance of it's cult dynamic upon the masses deemed worthy of conversion across the world, as those terrorist's who in the name of that other Abrahamic faith Islam, demonstrated about theirs when they hijacked 4 planes and murdered thousands, while inspired unto martyrdom by their ideal religion of peace.

A lawsuit to force equal rights for representation at the memorial of all faiths and those who bore no faith, would send a message. A lawsuit attempting to force the removal of one icon, because AA takes exception, is missing the point.

"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
I'm pretty certain the USA is getting more batshit crazy everyday.
[Image: 6290400.jpg]
(August 10, 2011 at 2:01 pm)Judas BentHer Wrote: I don't see this article indicting the whole of Christendom. I see this article indicting those who claim to be Christian, who are conducting themselves in this manner in opposition to the AA's lawsuit, when they're allegedly followers of Christ who taught peace, tolerance, love for one's neighbor as one's self.
I've said I think the suit is absurd. And I agree with AA in one respect, that this memorial should include icons from every faith, if there's to be any memorial at ground zero at all, that would include the symbol for "A" atheists as well. Not everyone in that building was Christian. Not every surviving family member of the lost wants their beloved family and/or friends to be memorialized in the shadow of a religious icon that their family member(s) or friend(s) would not have afforded personal allegiance to as a faith or symbol when alive.

It's damn presumptuous to imply this is one nation under one god. And it's insulting to the dead to demarcate what amounts to a tomb, given not all the remains of the lost have been recovered, nor shall they be, with one religious symbol that in itself represents a religion who's history, as those faithful in the article portray of themselves today, was just as bloody, just as intolerant, just as murderous in furtherance of it's cult dynamic upon the masses deemed worthy of conversion across the world, as those terrorist's who in the name of that other Abrahamic faith Islam, demonstrated about theirs when they hijacked 4 planes and murdered thousands, while inspired unto martyrdom by their ideal religion of peace.

A lawsuit to force equal rights for representation at the memorial of all faiths and those who bore no faith, would send a message. A lawsuit attempting to force the removal of one icon, because AA takes exception, is missing the point.

^This, this, and THIS. I am uncertain why they were so late to build this thing anyway.

[Image: YAYBOOMAVAtAR1_zpse61010be.gif]
The feeble mind will pray to god, the feeble mind will fall.
Do we really think the dead could actually give a fuck? I wonder sometimes...Dodgy
(August 10, 2011 at 3:25 pm)Judas BentHer Wrote: [Image: 6290400.jpg]

She has my vote Smile
Hang
[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nailed to a cross, Filipino prays for Ukraine war to end Ferrocyanide 1 543 April 8, 2023 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Fox News’ Father Jonathan Morris is Quitting the Priesthood So He Can Have Sex Fake Messiah 46 10544 June 7, 2019 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Drich
  Christians: What line are you unwilling to cross for God? Cecelia 96 10478 September 5, 2018 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 3335 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Mt. Soledad cross ordered to be taken down c172 350 93384 March 26, 2016 at 2:53 am
Last Post: robvalue
  The Christian Cross in Astrology Rhondazvous 6 2658 October 11, 2015 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Ken Ham files lawsuit against Kentucky Esquilax 109 15753 March 8, 2015 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Theist wins lawsuit because he's "afraid of the devil" Foxaèr 17 3565 January 28, 2015 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Did Jesus Die On The Cross Minimalist 9 1859 September 1, 2014 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  David Cross on the subject of The Bible CleanShavenJesus 1 1953 March 26, 2013 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Baalzebutt