Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rangers will honor late fan with ballpark statue
Rangers will honor late fan with ballpark statue
Fox Sports Southwest
August 15, 2011

The Texas Rangers will honor firefighter Shannon Stone, who was killed at the park earlier this year, with a bronze statue that should be in place for the 2012 season.

The statue, which will also feature Stone's six-year old son Cooper, is tentatively titled Rangers Fans and will likely be on display by the home-plate entrance at Rangers Ballpark.

"We feel that this statue will be a most fitting tribute," Rangers president Nolan Ryan said. "It will not only serve to honor Mr. Stone's memory but also recognize Rangers fans and baseball fans everywhere. I have discussed the project with Jenny Stone, and she and the Stone family will be involved in the design and creation of the statue."
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
RE: Rangers will honor late fan with ballpark statue
Nolan Ryan is the Pres. Sweet, that guy was my idol when I was a kid in little league. I didn't realize he was still alive.

"Briefly attempting to pitch past the injury, Ryan threw one further pitch after tearing his ligament; with his injured arm, his final pitch was measured at 98 miles per hour." Inhuman.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:"It will not only serve to honor Mr. Stone's memory

Um...the guy fell out of the stands reaching for a $8 baseball. What is the plaque going to say? "Clumsy Bastard?"
ah that Rangers, not a scottish football club then.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(August 16, 2011 at 12:30 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:"It will not only serve to honor Mr. Stone's memory

Um...the guy fell out of the stands reaching for a $8 baseball. What is the plaque going to say? "Clumsy Bastard?"

Americans have a fascination with honoring people who suffer severe accidents and misadventures, usually through fault of their own.

It is the same culture that also would rather watch what some celebrity is eating for breakfast instead of caring about revolutions in some forsaken land outside of the mythical borders of Jesusland... I mean America.
Quote:usually through fault of their own.

Back when I was working, at lunch we'd all sit around reading the paper and we had a sort of unofficial "Stupidest Ways To Die" contest. (This was long before the Darwin Awards.)

For the longest time the champion was some jackass sky-diving instructor who forgot to put his parachute on BEFORE jumping out of the plane. I don't know that Mr. Baseball would have beaten him out but he sure as shit would have been an "Honorable Mention."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It' s never too late to start onlinebiker 2 408 October 18, 2021 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Spooky
  A picture of a statue Frank Apisa 24 1119 June 21, 2021 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Mid-late 2000's internet was the best time for the web. Mechaghostman2 6 813 June 14, 2020 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  What to get an ABBA fan for their birthday. Brian37 30 2194 September 17, 2019 at 5:12 am
Last Post: Brian37
  sorry for the late notice Drich 26 1876 May 12, 2019 at 2:35 am
Last Post: WolfsChild
  Star Wars fan film: Darth Vader: Episode 1 Shards ofthe Past Cepheus Ace 5 520 December 23, 2018 at 3:14 am
Last Post: Maketakunai
  Maybe the Shit should hit the Fan fromdownunder 2 532 September 12, 2018 at 6:03 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Used To Be A Fan But I Am Now Shocked, Disgusted And Appalled With Sam Harris Edwardo Piet 127 26392 March 23, 2018 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How Long Does Someone Have to be Dead Before People stop Referring to them as Late? Rhondazvous 10 3092 May 18, 2017 at 11:58 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Honor between soldiers/fighters? Macoleco 62 3939 November 22, 2016 at 8:50 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama