Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underbelly; Razor
Underbelly; Razor
First episode at 8.30 tonight (Sunday August 21). I can hardly wait.

Quote:Underbelly: Razor is a 13-part Australian television mini-series detailing real events that occurred in Sydney between 1927 to 1936. The series depicts the 'razor gangs' who controlled the city's underworld during the era and the violent war between the two "vice queen" powers, Tilly Devine and Kate Leigh.

In contrast to the previous Underbelly installments which were based on books by John Silvester and Andrew Rule, Razor is based on the Ned Kelly Award-winning book of the same name, written by Larry Writer. The first episode is titled "The Worst Woman in Sydney"; the war waged between Devine and Leigh culminates in a bloody battle depicted in the episode, "Armageddon". [1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underbelly:_Razor
RE: Underbelly; Razor
Awesome, underbelly is a fucking fantastic series, I wonder when it will screen here...
(August 21, 2011 at 3:40 am)padraic Wrote: First episode at 8.30 tonight (Sunday August 21). I can hardly wait.

Quote:Underbelly: Razor is a 13-part Australian television mini-series detailing real events that occurred in Sydney between 1927 to 1936. The series depicts the 'razor gangs' who controlled the city's underworld during the era and the violent war between the two "vice queen" powers, Tilly Devine and Kate Leigh.

In contrast to the previous Underbelly installments which were based on books by John Silvester and Andrew Rule, Razor is based on the Ned Kelly Award-winning book of the same name, written by Larry Writer. The first episode is titled "The Worst Woman in Sydney"; the war waged between Devine and Leigh culminates in a bloody battle depicted in the episode, "Armageddon". [1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underbelly:_Razor

I have never watched the earlier Underbelly series myself, however I watched about the first hour of the first episode today and it was alright.

Maybe when I was like 18-21 (no offense to those of that age currently). I would have been a massive Underbelly fan (I was of Scorsese films and the Sopranos). However I have changed as I have gotten older.
undefined
I'd just like to take this opportunity to apologise, on behalf of 99.99% of australians, for our country producing underbelly and neighbours.
(August 21, 2011 at 3:40 am)padraic Wrote:

Meanwhile, here in America, we're saddled with the stupidity of Jersey Shore and the mindless antics of buffoons with ridiculous names flaunting unbridled idiocy.

christ!

[Image: bully-animated-animate-bully-smiley-emot...-large.gif]
[Image: Evolution.png]

(August 21, 2011 at 10:36 am)Stue Denim Wrote: I'd just like to take this opportunity to apologise, on behalf of 99.99% of australians, for our country producing underbelly and neighbours.

99.99% based on what evidence? Have you actually SEEN the rating figures for "Razor"?: 2.5 million,which is approaching 12% of the population. The phrase 'wildly popular' is accurate.

Did I watch and enjoy"Razor"? Yes,and make no apologies for enjoying it.

"Neighbours"? No,don't like it.

Perhaps in future check your facts before making fatuous statements.You speak for yourself and a few other pretentious elitist wankers.Angry
(August 21, 2011 at 10:36 am)Stue Denim Wrote: I'd just like to take this opportunity to apologise, on behalf of 99.99% of australians, for our country producing underbelly and neighbours.

Underbelly is pretty much the best thing to come out of Australia since Vegemite. Neighbours is pretty much the worst thing, or Home and Away, they're equally crap to be honest.