Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Societal Scapegoat or Guilty as Charged?
Societal Scapegoat or Guilty as Charged?
I wonder if a few of you Brits could shed a little more light on this subject.

I'm curious what the extent of the violence was that broke out and just how terror-some it actually was if at all.

This article says a little about the use of Facebook and social forums used in the coordination of crimes.
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: Societal Scapegoat or Guilty as Charged?
I don't think we know much more than anyone else.

David Cameron is an imbecile though and can't (or won't) see any deeper than what's right in front of him. Rather than tackle the root causes he chooses to decide that we magically have people in the country that would do this kind of thing (because of course it's all nature and not nurture) where we didn't before and that the method of communication is to blame.
Well, the two guys who were sentenced to four years didn't cause any violence, they were just trying to get people to riot in an area, but failed.

And their are people who were rioting and looting who only had to serve a couple of months, or had to pay a fine and shit.

The whole way they are going about this is retarded if you ask me
Cunt
Are you talking about the violence in general? If so it was pretty bad, all shops in Birmingham were closed by 4 oclock. Even in my area, which is about 30 minutes from the town centre.

I know some people got caught up in it, they reckoned it was pretty mad, there were just more people than police so the police couldn't do much to stop them from looting.
It was fine up here in Bonnie Dundee.... In fact, it was fine in all of Scotland really, we all watched and laughed.

It was pretty bad, but giving someone 4 years for something they said online is ridiculous and unfair, and takes away from the seriousness of the crimes that would usually get 4 years.

If it was me, I would fight that sentence with all I have.
Cunt
Convicting anyone for something they've said goes against freedom of speech in my book.
(August 22, 2011 at 10:36 am)Tiberius Wrote: Convicting anyone for something they've said goes against freedom of speech in my book.

Depends if it's in relation to a crime really, if you can see that they are conspiring to commit an act and that they are a threat to other people due to what they say then why should that person be able to get away with it?
(August 22, 2011 at 10:36 am)Tiberius Wrote: Convicting anyone for something they've said goes against freedom of speech in my book.

I would agree with you there, sir.

I believe in absolute free speech, so whenever something like this happens I am always raging...even if they are a couple of morons.
Cunt

So you think Dennis Markuze shouldn't have been arrested then? After all, "them's just words", right?
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
I just don't think you can punish someone for simply saying something.

Even if it is extreme
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] If Trump is indicted or charged, will he be convicted? Jehanne 30 2078 August 30, 2022 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Trump under fire for racially-charged tweets against congresswomen zebo-the-fat 151 9890 August 10, 2019 at 1:16 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Micheal Flynn charged Aroura 33 3675 December 5, 2017 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  We are just the scapegoat of morons flaws aren't we? Zidneya 11 2320 April 30, 2014 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Zidneya
  Is Obama guilty of war crimes? Manowar 127 23982 January 16, 2014 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: paintpooper
  Zimmerman verdict: Not Guilty. TaraJo 431 142580 September 22, 2013 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Captain Colostomy
  Arizona's Sheriff Shitstain Guilty of Racial Profiling Minimalist 7 2720 May 24, 2013 at 9:33 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Ford executives charged with torture and kidnapping cratehorus 6 2567 May 23, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: Sal
  Is this seriously worth it? Guantanmo inmate never charged with a crime, dies after 11 years in US custody Hovik 66 26127 September 26, 2012 at 3:10 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Pope charged with crimes against humanity in the World Court Diagoras 7 4983 February 24, 2011 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: OnlyNatural