Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Myths and Symbols in Pagan Europe
Myths and Symbols in Pagan Europe
Good book. Very informative read. Made me think of some favorite links of mine.

http://books.google.com/books/about/Myth...rIAAAAIAAJ

http://www.maryjones.us/ctexts/index_irish.html
(impressive little website, one of my favorites)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
RE: Myths and Symbols in Pagan Europe
Great thanks for the links Rhythm
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Thank you dear
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
NP at all, another one that I feel is a great read - 'Bronze Age Cultures of Central and Eastern Europe".
It's interesting mostly for the criticism it has received. Also, it's wonderful as a primer on the foundations of pagan reconstructionsim and goddess movements. At the very bottom of the wiki link is a book I intend to pick up that addresses the effect of political influence on archaeology. "Gere shows that archaeology can easily slip into reflecting what people want to see, rather than teaching people about an unfamiliar past." If anyone has already read this I'd love a recommendation of yay or nay. Only so many hours in the day, and every "Harry Potter" is one less "War and Peace".

http://books.google.com/books/about/Bron...MnAAAAMAAJ
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marija_Gimbutas
(a wiki on the author including criticism)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Marija Gimbutas...Interesting person.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Denouncing Pseudo-Christian Myths andy.alder 5 1258 March 4, 2013 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Father Bernard Lynch supports the Secular Europe Campaign Skeptic 1 1173 August 18, 2011 at 11:10 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger