Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bonobos have prostitution and can learn english.
Smile 
Bonobos have prostitution and can learn english.
Bonobos may be the key to world peace- at least, their DNA may be.

For those of you not familiar with Bonobos, they are my favorite animal by far. They're small apes, resembling mini-chimpanzees, and they share about 98.4% of our DNA. Their world population is only 10,000-35,000 (depending on who you ask), and they are rapidly being hunted to extinction in the one place they live- the Republic of Congo, in Central Africa.

Despite their diminutive stature, these apes may be incredibly important to the progression of the human race. You see, to my knowledge, Bonobos have never been shown to be aggressive to anything other than flying squirrels. They are almost entirely peaceful, being mostly vegetarians and pacifists. (Though, as mentioned, they have been known to hunt small animals such as flying squirrels on occasion.)

I haven't found any studies showing them to ever use deadly force on another Bonobo. The two percent of DNA we don't have in common with them may be the key to ending war and violent crime worldwide.

Aside from being friendly, Bonobos have many other admirable qualities which are very convenient evidence for all manner of anti-creationist arguments.

Bonobos are the only species of ape other than humans to have sex facing each other. In fact, Bonobos have been studied to engage in prostitution, exchanging sex for food. Bonobos are also one of the only species which are sexually active nearly year round, along with humans.

Also notable, Bonobos regularly have gay and lesbian sex. This seems to defeat the creationist's argument that homosexuality is not natural. What's more, Bonobos have sex as much as several times a day, which would seem to be too often for purely reproductive purposes.

Furthermore, Bonobos have mediators for conflicts. If two Bonobos get in a dispute, a third, uninvolved Bonobo is capable of resolving it by allowing both opposing parties to groom the third party and overcome their differences through the joys of eating small insects together.

Interestingly, Bonobos have passed the mirror-self recognition test, making them one of the few animals which is capable of understanding that their duplicate in a mirror is not a different Bonobo on the other side of a window.

One Bonobo, named Kanzi, can supposedly vocalize 500 English words, understand their meanings, and make coherent and original sentences. He can also make tools out of stone.

Untrustworthy sources have claimed that Bonobo children play with toys, but I could not find information on that. If anyone has links about more Bonobo information, please post. Remember- their brains could hold the key to world peace. Worship

My sources are linked below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanzi

http://www.zoosociety.org/conservation/B...WhatIs.php

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/inters...the-world/

http://www.livescience.com/6033-primates...tingy.html

http://www.ntn24.com/news/videos/female-...nkey-world
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
RE: Bonobos have prostitution and can learn english.
So now the Bonobos only need to smoke pot and they are on par with the Dutch. :p
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Bonobos are some horny monkeys.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
From another thread not too far from here.

Studying the differences in the brains of bonobos and chimps may lead to new insights into aggressive behavior in people.

Quote:A comparative analysis of chimpanzees and bonobos brains shows neuroanatomical differences that may be responsible for these behaviors, from the aggression more typical of chimpanzees to the social tolerance of bonobos.

http://www.wildbiology.com/research/Chim..._brain.asp

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Why is this any surprise? Evangelical preachers have been known for years to have gay sex and speak in English ( although the pantacostal variety howl like baboons rather than speak in English )
Consider the market for bonobo sex workers. They work for peanuts and can understand enough english to get the job done. Some intrepid pimp somewhere is subscribed to this thread.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Already done, rhythm dear Smile

I anticipate millions from this venture by the end of the month Sleepy
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
And that's how 1/3 of the posts in a thread are turned into a cheap fountain of bestiality jokes.

(the lesson endeth here)

But it doesn't have to... give the furry cousins some love Sleepy

Seriously though, OP... do you have a bonobo fetish? All I read in the OP is FANBOYFANBOYFANBOYFANBOYFANBOYFANBOYFANBOYFANBOY...
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I'm a Bonobo fanboy. They do all the walking and screwing while the others get on with the fun stuff like toolmaking and ritual wars. lol. Chimps as a whole provide needed relief from the severity of our collective situation.