Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Atheists Be Conservative?
Can Atheists Be Conservative?
I do not believe in God, yet I consider myself to be a Conservative.

[Image: pcgraphpng.php?ec=4.00&soc=3.18]

Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
RE: Can Atheists Be Conservative?
I'm an atheist, and I consider myself to be a Libertarian / Anarchist.

[Image: pcgraphpng.php?ec=9.12&soc=-6.56]

I prefer the Nolan Chart though: http://www.nolanchart.com/survey.php
Here's my own personal one:

http://www.politicalcompass.org/facebook...&soc=-7.64
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Yup, centrist/libertarian in both of em.

I just don't get people who don't agree with me =/.

[Image: pcgraphpng.php?ec=-3.88&soc=-3.44]

Honestly, I'm not into politics or economics, I don't understand most of it. So I don't really know if that is a good "side" to be on? Could someone explain?
[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]
@ loading please wait:

Oh dear, here we go yet AGAIN.

Atheism is only a disbelief in gods. NOTHING ELSE IS IMPLIED OR MAY BE INFERRED.

Atheism is NOT: A religion,moral code,an ideology, a world view, a club or a hobby.

ME? I'm a pluralist, considering pure ideologies and true believers naive at best, ,dangerous at worst
(September 3, 2011 at 12:04 am)padraic Wrote: @ loading please wait:

Oh dear, here we go yet AGAIN.

Atheism is only a disbelief in gods. NOTHING ELSE IS IMPLIED OR MAY BE INFERRED.

Atheism is NOT: A religion,moral code,an ideology, a world view, a club or a hobby.

ME? I'm a pluralist, considering pure ideologies and true believers naive at best, ,dangerous at worst

I know that all the word atheist implies is that you do not believe in a higher being.
Do I have to put that I am generalizing? The majority of Atheists tend to be on the liberal side of the spectrum.
I know that being atheist has nothing to do with anything political.
But look at Christians. An overwhelming majority are Conservatives.
That's why I made this post. There will always exceptions.

My topic Title wasn't so much of a "real" question, it was more of a catchy title I thought would catch the eye.

Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
Loading honey... you seem to be unaware that many on this forum haven't been to junior college for many decades so you will have to be a little generous with the "Oh dear not this again" comments. I understand that for you this is new information, for many here it is very old information and probaly that is why we come across as
Quote:The ones who are super smart, use words with 20 letters. And try to define everything you say.
Some have spent decades studying and so have at their disposal these words of 20 letters to accurately communicate.

I am yet to find any on this forum 'showing off' how smart they are. People just are people and the world is not the utopia that you seem to want to live in. Agreed.."Wouldn't it be nice" but then sometimes you really need to be exposed to a bit of socio-political-bullshit to get your own values defined ...keep coming and learning more about what YOU value and "to hell" with what the rest of the planet thinks.

Quite frankly I love reading some of those indepth, complicated, science based discussions that get on here...like you I don't know half of what they are saying but I am thinking of getting shares in Wikipedia!! Big Grin I'm on there so much researching wtf they are talking about.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Quote:I do not believe in God, yet I consider myself to be a Conservative.

One has nothing to do with the other...except in the Bible Belt where they would, of course, kill you.
[Image: pcgraphpng.php?ec=6.00&soc=-7.80]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Is conservative Republicanism dead? Jehanne 16 1025 September 3, 2022 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  The new conservative boogeyman, Drag Queens. Jehanne 26 2392 June 9, 2022 at 3:38 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1451 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Conservative Asskisser Wants Obama Back Minimalist 8 1989 July 20, 2018 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  Article in the NYT looking at liberal vs conservative polarization Whateverist 16 1509 March 12, 2018 at 2:52 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Conservative and Gay John V 42 5068 January 27, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 70847 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why is it Republicans can dish it out, but can't take it when someone throws it back NuclearEnergy 10 4460 April 27, 2017 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: DarkerEnergy
  Cue the "War on Christmas" outrage from the conservative right Doubting Thomas 11 2664 March 31, 2017 at 9:33 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  What Do You Call a Fiscal Progressive and a Social Conservative? InquiringMind 44 8420 February 16, 2017 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet