Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future of Mormonism
Future of Mormonism
One of the world’s fastest growing religious traditions, Mormonism faces the new century with the confidence born of success and the reservations that come from the difficulties of expansion. How will the Mormon Church continue to grow while maintaining its central authority and its emphasis on strong communities?

I was wondering what the future of this religion would be?
[Image: britishatheist.jpg]
RE: Future of Mormonism
New planets? I believe that is the plan.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
If it continues to grow, then that just gives me more fools to make fun of.
Cunt
You know, I find it hard to make too much fun of Mormons. I mean their core beliefs are pretty fucking stupid but that is true of every religion and the fact that they got started by following some con man who said that "god talked to him" isn't any different from any of the other Angry Desert God religions with the probable exception that their con man actually existed whereas the others are just mythological. I'm not at all sure which is worse on that score and - if I ever run into a day when I have nothing better to do - maybe I'll give it some thought.
Did I ever mention one of my ex-girlfriends (many moons ago) dumped me to become a mormon.

I wonder what happened to her???

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Somebody got into her magic underwear.
Quote:You know, I find it hard to make too much fun of Mormons

Aw,c'mon,you're not Min,who ARE you really?

To be sure, Mormons beliefs are no loopier than most.(with the possible exception of Urantians) All that means is that they're ALL nuts and deserving of ridicule.Thinking
(September 6, 2011 at 12:41 pm)British_Atheist Wrote: One of the world’s fastest growing religious traditions, Mormonism faces the new century with the confidence born of success and the reservations that come from the difficulties of expansion. How will the Mormon Church continue to grow while maintaining its central authority and its emphasis on strong communities?

I was wondering what the future of this religion would be?

I wonder how long it's going to take before their prophet-president gets a message from God that allows gays to take part in their religion like they did with blacks in 1978.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
You're right, Pad...but there are so many more idiot fundies and they take all my time.

Besides...I love it when xtians claim that mormons aren't xtians. That's always amusing.

(September 6, 2011 at 9:17 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: I wonder how long it's going to take before their prophet-president gets a message from God that allows gays to take part in their religion like they did with blacks in 1978.

While he's at it, maybe he could pump God for some of that intergalactic communications tech. Would go a long way to showing the rest of us the light.

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!