Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 6:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst explanations for gravity?
Worst explanations for gravity?
What are the worst explanations for gravity you have ever heard? I'm looking for contrast between actual theories and random ideas created by idiots. I know a bit about the actual theories, I just need quick information on opponents to common ideas.

Please help. Smile
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
RE: Worst explanations for gravity?
Gravity is a flawed theory. Things fall not because they are acted upon by some gravitational force, but because a higher intelligence, The Flying Spaghetti Monster (bbhna), is pushing them down. The evidence for this is that in Asia there are more noodles to his Noodlyness pushes down on the Asians more, that is why they are usually much shorter than Europeans or Americans, and many Africans taller.

Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Goddidit.
(September 8, 2011 at 10:10 am)leo-rcc Wrote: Gravity is a flawed theory. Things fall not because they are acted upon by some gravitational force, but because a higher intelligence, The Flying Spaghetti Monster (bbhna), is pushing them down. The evidence for this is that in Asia there are more noodles to his Noodlyness pushes down on the Asians more, that is why they are usually much shorter than Europeans or Americans, and many Africans taller.

I was just getting ready to post this and you beat me to it.

In any event, we should teach the controversy in our schools and let our kids decide for themselves.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(September 8, 2011 at 12:37 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote:
(September 8, 2011 at 10:10 am)leo-rcc Wrote: Gravity is a flawed theory. Things fall not because they are acted upon by some gravitational force, but because a higher intelligence, The Flying Spaghetti Monster (bbhna), is pushing them down. The evidence for this is that in Asia there are more noodles to his Noodlyness pushes down on the Asians more, that is why they are usually much shorter than Europeans or Americans, and many Africans taller.

I was just getting ready to post this and you beat me to it.
me too.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

My aunt used a fantastic one on me:

Things fall down because they are hardly going to fall up, are they?

That was her only explanation... Nothing added to it.
Cunt
Because there is a huge magnet at the center of the earth.
I once frequented the "Flat Earth Society" forums, and met some people who honestly believed that what we call "gravity" is simply the effect of the Earth (which is a massive flat disk surrounded by a wall of ice) hurtling upwards through the universe.

I know, I laughed too.
(September 8, 2011 at 2:30 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I once frequented the "Flat Earth Society" forums, and met some people who honestly believed that what we call "gravity" is simply the effect of the Earth (which is a massive flat disk surrounded by a wall of ice) hurtling upwards through the universe.

At least they successfully applied Einstein's equivalence principle in relation to gravity. So, a little credit there.

Tongue

I once heard that the ground and other surfaces are "energy neutral" zones and that the reason we don't float up is because we lack the energy to do so... He said the reason we fall is because it requires more energy to sustain a higher position on a vertical plane and that "everything has a natural tendency to seek energy equilibrium" or something, so we automatically precede to the "energy neutral zones"...

Yeah, he was one of those dudes who thought he was going to revolutionise physics by taking a bunch of half-truths and then "thinking about it" until it "made sense", much like Diamond Deist Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some people believe that gravity doesn't exist notimportant1234 75 10067 October 19, 2017 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Gravity Variations Over Earth Much Bigger Than Previously Thought KichigaiNeko 0 982 September 10, 2013 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko