Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello AF Members
Hello AF Members
What to say...

I'm a 44 year old male who quit high school at 15 and received a G.E.D. at 21. I've had no further formal education(always a big draw to the ladies). Having some poems published in books and on a CD for the blind is my claim to fame.

I was born an atheist like everyone else who has ever existed and stayed that way. Religion has always been a foreign concept. My mother only forced me to go to a church twice. The second time at age 7 I can remember sitting in a pew looking around at people as if they were aliens, which is the best way I can describe the feeling. A couple of minutes into the service everyone suddenly raised their hands above their heads and began to babble. It literally terrified me and I ran out of there as fast as my little legs would go.

After getting home I told her she could have me beat if she wanted but I was never going into a church again. Fortunately there was no beating and was never made to return.

Guess that's enough of an introduction. Good to be among the like-minded.

Theists changing my derision of religion is equivilent to pissing into the wind and expecting not to get wet.
RE: Hello AF Members
Well, welcome to the forums.
You're welcome to whatever is in the fridge, though there's only listerine and flat Dr. Pepper.

Yeah, I can feel you on church though. There's always people wanting to make me go, though I expected to get lynched or stoned as a nonbeliever once I entered Texas, but it turns out things are little different from my native Indiana outsider of crazier politics.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
Hey, flat Dr. Pepper is still Dr. Pepper.

Wilkommen.
Welcome. You were fortunate. I went to church every Sunday from birth, until I was 18. Catholic church, to be specific.

It wasn't a total waste of time. I learned how to hold my liquor..

Welcome sir... And good day to you.
Cunt
Hi & welcome. My mind is indeed yours. Enjoy play time Wink
You're wrong - there's a couple moldy oranges in there and an empty bottle of Bicardi in the freezer.

Welcome, from North Carolina.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(September 16, 2011 at 10:14 am)TheDarkestOfAngels Wrote: You're welcome to whatever is in the fridge, though there's only listerine and flat Dr. Pepper.

Who the hell put the Listerine in the fridge again?!

Oh, hai there ArmchairAtheist! Welcome to the AF! Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

We ought to get someone on writing a little game where we can leave strange things for people to find in a little virtual fridge.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Hahha, sounds good Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quickstart guide for new members robvalue 14 11796 October 1, 2016 at 12:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Greeting to all forum members Sami haddad 7 2220 August 3, 2013 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5941 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3621 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates