Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lying to your children
Lying to your children
How as a society can we lie to our children and then turn around and get upset about when the lie to us. This is I think one of major reasons of my decline in my faith. And yet this still goes on, they teach creationism in my son's science class. an unproven idea and it's not even science why is it in a science class. With being a former theist, I yes lied to my son about the supernatural, and in hindsight I feel ashamed and guilty about it. Letting my son believe in God, the easter bunny, santa clause, tooth fairy like they were living entities but screw humpty dumpty. I'm sorry but looking at in now from a free mind that is child abuse at a sick level.
Bill Maher: If you believe that the world is going to come to an end - and perhaps any day now - does it not drain one's motivation to improve life on earth while we're here?
RE: Lying to your children
Well then it's up to you to try to educate your child, teaching them how to assess claims and use critical thinking and reason. No good wallowing in self pity because of what you used to do. You should also lobby against creationism being taught in their classroom. Is that actually happening? Where are you from?
Quote:they teach creationism in my son's science class.

Is this a religious school? If so, why do you send him there?
No it's a public school and they have the thing that they want to be fair to each ideal so not to piss of anyone. and yes i do teach my son critical thinking and it's not my son i'm concerned about it's the millions and millions of brainwashed kids out their that will grow up believing an unproven concept as truth. and willing to go die or kill even for that insanity
Bill Maher: If you believe that the world is going to come to an end - and perhaps any day now - does it not drain one's motivation to improve life on earth while we're here?
Yeah but where are you from? Because I'm not aware of any Western country where that's legal.
I live in eugene, oregon, and here they have to at least make it fair or so they say. when it comes to the way that life begans stuff.
No. It's unconstitutional. If you're seriously telling us that the Bible is being taught as a scientific or historical account of anything, you need to look up the Dover case and take it to the school board and threaten them with legal action. They will remove it from the curriculum immediately, or if not, you might become a minor celebrity for a while as you take them to court.
sadly the dove case only says that creationism is not the only thing to be allowed to be taught in school, if i rememeber right, and that's how they got around that loop hole. that's if i read it right.. it's been a long time. and it's not like full out teaching it just mentions the adam and eve story as opposed to the big bang or darwinism
No, dude. It's illegal, trust me. Look it up, it's your kid.
Tammy Kitzmiller, et al. v. Dover Area School District, et al. (400 F. Supp. 2d 707, Docket no. 4cv2688) was the first direct challenge brought in the United States federal courts testing a public school district policy that required the teaching of intelligent design.[1] In October 2004 the Dover Area School District changed its biology teaching curriculum to require that intelligent design be presented as an alternative to evolution theory,
all it says is creationism can not be taught as an alternative not as and addition to

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lying for God purplepurpose 63 6645 October 17, 2018 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  Ken Ham hurts children, watch Manowar 4 1166 October 23, 2017 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Athiest with children? Jesus Cristo 69 12808 October 12, 2017 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  atheism and children Catholic_Lady 568 82649 September 6, 2015 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Talking to children about death rossrocks88 10 3801 July 22, 2015 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Will you raise your children as Atheists? Kloud 54 10566 December 20, 2014 at 4:40 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Being a Lying Atheist LivingNumbers6.626 2 859 September 17, 2014 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Explaining death to children. Intimae_Hasta 25 5959 July 10, 2014 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Ksa
  How will you explain to your children... dimaniac 61 19544 September 17, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: Tonus
  Teaching Reason (to Children) Bad Writer 61 17073 July 16, 2013 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Fruity