Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Footnotes/Endnotes... perhaps add them? :)
Footnotes/Endnotes... perhaps add them? :)
Seriously... how can we be a discussion-debate forum without footnotes? XD

I can think of so many time's I'd have loved to have a footnote now... and I don't know why I never thought of it before ^_^ Is our whole forum mental, or has everyone else also conveniently forgotten their existence when they can add so much? ^_^

Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
RE: Footnotes/Endnotes... perhaps add them? :)
Pad seems to have perfected the technique
I'm just curious:

What would the option of being able to add footnotes in your posts provide you that you are not able to do right now?
Also, isn't it easy enough to insert footnotes manually by typing them? I've seen Ryft do that sometimes like in this thread, for example.

If more members like this idea and/or the staff members agree with the idea, then yes, it can be done (although I'm not sure how technologically feasible it is).
(September 22, 2011 at 4:49 pm)Rayaan Wrote: I'm just curious:

What would the option of being able to add footnotes in your posts provide you that you are not able to do right now?
Also, isn't it easy enough to insert footnotes manually by typing them? I've seen Ryft do that sometimes like in this thread, for example.

If more members like this idea and/or the staff members agree with the idea, then yes, it can be done (although I'm not sure how technologically feasible it is).

True, and Ryft does make them work Smile All I'm suggesting is an option to elevate and shrink the number so that it doesn't break casual reading (the purpose of footnotes) Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Code:
[color=#0000CD][3][/color]

Whoooo
Slave to the Patriarchy no more

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I add a signature? Astonished 2 1006 January 1, 2017 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  PLEASE add Soundcloud support bennyboy 73 6561 June 29, 2016 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Add a soundcloud button? bennyboy 8 2111 March 3, 2016 at 8:45 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  My posts disappearing after I submit them Aegon 4 1437 February 13, 2016 at 3:11 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Question: How Do I Make Pictures with Words on Them? Rhondazvous 35 5185 September 9, 2015 at 9:58 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  How do you add a Signature? RachelSkates 2 1880 August 23, 2010 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Cego_Colher
  Add in small avatars to shoutbox Autumnlicious 4 2462 April 2, 2010 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious