Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better wear a helmet tonight.
Better wear a helmet tonight.
The US space agency (Nasa) says that its out-of-control climate satellite is expected to crash to Earth sometime on Friday evening (GMT). There is still much uncertainty over when and where the satellite will re-enter the atmosphere.

Experts say they will get a more precise idea in the last 12 hours before the satellite is due to return.

The US space agency says the risk to life from the Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite (UARS) is 1 in 3,200.

Satellite and space expert Dr Stuart Eves stressed the large uncertainties involved in tracking the "decay" of satellite orbits (their slow fall back into the Earth's atmosphere).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15021323
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
RE: Better wear a helmet tonight.
The size of a double decker bus. Funny - the crash zone circles the planet 3(?) times and the focus is on it crashing in the uk - quite a small chance!
I'm still taking my umbrella just in case.

Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Hehe Big Grin
(September 23, 2011 at 8:11 am)fr0d0 Wrote: The size of a double decker bus. Funny - the crash zone circles the planet 3(?) times and the focus is on it crashing in the uk - quite a small chance!

Funny that. All the oceans and continents and there's a good bet it'll hit a small island instead.

I know what some would say - "That was intentional!" Angry
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Imagine if it hit Iran.
Quote:I know what some would say - "That was intentional!" Angry

Some would say its a conspiracy!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Is bigger really better? onlinebiker 7 405 February 27, 2022 at 8:23 am
Last Post: brewer
  Fist bumping isn't better for germaphobes Foxaèr 17 2657 September 12, 2021 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Covers that are (in your opinion) better than the origionals Theswordismyleopard 15 738 August 30, 2020 at 7:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Covers that are (in your opinion) better than the origionals Theswordismyleopard 0 183 August 29, 2020 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Theswordismyleopard
  A better gum thread onlinebiker 7 757 May 16, 2019 at 7:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Do you and yours wear thermal under clothes when the weather gets cold? Duty 46 3135 November 15, 2018 at 11:06 am
Last Post: Duty
  Fell off my bike tonight Foxaèr 48 2672 October 22, 2018 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  For those who understand the law better than me (would you want it this way too?) Foxaèr 9 1161 July 27, 2018 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  So dead here tonight Foxaèr 14 1753 April 1, 2018 at 4:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Going To A Church Tonight Minimalist 20 2253 December 9, 2017 at 5:34 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb