Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Day Made Of Glass
A Day Made Of Glass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cf7IL_eZ...r_embedded

This is amazing, but-

It's kinda scary. That chick just steps in front of a glass pane in a store and it recognizes her. Reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NstQnUkU0dw

If it ever blows up, the Windex stock is going to skyrocket!

RE: A Day Made Of Glass
Yeah saw that "Day made of Glass" impressive concepts...would love it to eventuate
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
It's an interesting thought to ponder. If it does eventuate, it will be neat to see how it changes things.

I love their super simplistic and shitty concept for what a user interface is going to be with such a kick ass display system...
OH GODS THE KEYBOARD ENTRY....

Wtf is this shit?

Let me fire back with this gem...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-nN_BgByvs
Seriously though, by the time their concept really starts to roll out, we'll have already figured out how to do augmented game reality through our future iPhones and Droids. Who needs special glass displays when your phone overlays what you want to see into your vision for you?

I seriously think the above is more likely than a day made of glass...
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
If my husband had enough money to buy all that nifty kitchen shit, I'd see to it that he got his cheeseburger. I might even put bacon on it. Cold roast beef my ass, woman!

Gee, it's real, I've seen it on NCIS LA. I thought it was like Abby Prosciuto's flatulent hippo,just fx.

I want some. How much is it?

I once walked right into a glass door in a store and broke my glasses. Did I sue them? No,Australians of my generation are far less litigious than Americans.Besides it was my fault,I was not paying attention.
Saw that awhile back. Pretty cool, except that it will probably have a 'Windoze' backbone and we will spend more time rebooting the house than using it.

(Sorry, but I am a Mac guy. I do not like windoze constant non-stop problems.)
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
yes I'm sure that implementing either one of those systems throughout an entire country would be "no problem". **insert MASSIVE eye roll here**

Maybe - BIG MAYBE in the wealthiest of communities you might be able to see a SMALL piece of that first video, but other than that, get real. Can you imagine them putting that high tech bus stop in Detroit?! That thing would be damaged and spray painted in a day and demolished in a week.

What a joke.
I like visiting la-la-land too once in awhile, but come-on, you can't seriously think that we are EVER going to see that world. Gullible much?

... people the future is going to look like Star Wars ... cool technology perhaps, but gritty and BROKEN! People suck!

[Image: Evolution.png]

It's fun to dream. I'm a big science and technology nerd.

(September 25, 2011 at 1:06 am)IATIA Wrote: Saw that awhile back. Pretty cool, except that it will probably have a 'Windoze' backbone and we will spend more time rebooting the house than using it.

I'm a developer who uses Windows 7 on his laptop and dev machine predominantly. I have >10 years of experience with IT, >8 years in software development and >4 years network administration. I usually simply suspend and restore my system, instead of shutting it down. For my personal laptop, my last reboot was 9/18/2011 10:26:53 PM. The uptime before lasted a month.

My dev machine is rebooted every three days or so. Mostly due to the bloatware that was loaded into it (it's from Dell), whereas my personal laptop is a clean Win7 install, allowing it weeks to months of un-interrupted uptime.

(September 25, 2011 at 1:06 am)IATIA Wrote: (Sorry, but I am a Mac guy. I do not like windoze constant non-stop problems.)

I'm a guy who enjoys the UNIX-like environments and find the half-arsed attempts at wrapping everything in a partially functional to hairbrained GUI to be inefficient, inflexible and insulting.

And yet I solved my coworkers Mac problem (he had installed an old version of Visor before it could be 'removed' easily) in no less than 5 minutes of Googling and one rename and kill -9 later, his year long problem was gone.

Using the same "non stop problems" typecasting like you've implied, I could make the argument that the over-reliance on the way Mac OSX presents things makes its users so stupid they're unable to do a proper Google search.

But that would neglect the context, an all very important context, which better paints my coworker as someone who has something better to do that develop the same amount of experience I have with IT to simply look at the problem, try a few choice search terms and use a few esoteric command line utilities to find what I needed.

So I take up issue with your claims of Windows being unstable -- most of the common issues I've observed since and leading up to XP have disappeared since 7 came out.

However, you wouldn't be the first Mac user I've ran across, high off their own smugness. Wink
Slave to the Patriarchy no more

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the most absurd error message a program you have made was outputting? FlatAssembler 38 3763 June 14, 2023 at 8:01 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  Google Project Glass Paul the Human 11 3303 April 7, 2012 at 9:43 am
Last Post: fuckass365
  A Microscope made from an SLR + Lenses Tiberius 4 2191 March 24, 2012 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris