Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What i think about atheists
What i think about atheists
I live in an asian country.
I see atheists think they are right,logical,independent or like a freethinker and not dogmatic,they only believe in evidence and observation,to die is to stop perceving,....They think religious people are stupid or silly,illogical,dogmatic,insane,...and they think God is the unknown or a place holder for ignorance,or imaginary,insane,...
I see no reason for atheist to be moral.I see atheists are moral in my country is rare.They are moral because they choose the morality or they want to show with religious people that it is without religions or no need religions ,they are moral.I see well-educated people seem to be more moral because they understand.
I see a lot of atheists chase wealth and no doubt they are richer than religious people. And they often think and question,they see in religious teaching many contradictions.They tend to be atheists in their logic.
My country is not rich,majority of people(3/4) are atheists or Buddhist.I has observed that in general religious people are kinder than atheists. Atheists are more richer and independent,immoral than religious people.
I see a good point of religions is its morality.It teach people to love justice,to do kind acts,...Bad points are making people more superstitious,lazy at thinking independent.
I think people love morality,therefore religions will last long.
I think many scientists tend to be irreligious,because they don't want to be dogmatic,and put God outside of science to discover truth not for they believe there is no God.
I never believe in the universe came into being by accident, and a lot of other reasons so i believe in God.If you could prove to me that something is created from nothing(no physics laws,no energy or matter),then i believe there is no God.if you couldn't do,stop annoying and wasting your time in finding weak points or arguments of religions to refuse God. You say religious people are stupid,insane,....You are making them hate you.If you are more intelligent and wise than such as Newton,Einstein,Kant,Galileo,Leibniz,Gauss,....Why don't you contribute for humankind like them instead of?
Life is short,if you don't believe in God,you can enjoy yourself,.....why do you waste much time to criticize religions?Are you wise?
Everybody has the right to believe in anything.Scientists believe in their theories,like Bigbang but no scientists is certainly that it actually happened.If you have much free time,you can criticize others 'beliefs
I think religious teacher should teach only morality for young people who aren't old enough to think independent.
sorry for my bad english .
RE: What i think about atheists
As misconstrued as your perceptions are, I couldn't care less what you think of atheists.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Your a Christian.

Your leader died for your sins. Admonishing you of your responsibility, vicarious redemption.

We take responsibility for our actions.

You go to confession to absolve your sins, and are told you are forgiven.

We don't shrug off guilt like you.

My eyes!

Anyway, religious people are no more moral than atheists as a group, and this is easily demonstrated. Now, from my point of view, I don't think all religious people are stupid, but I do think they're all wrong. At the least, they are unable to prove their claims. People do, as you say, have the right to believe what they want.

The problem comes mostly because what you believe informs your actions. Religious people try to use their beliefs to influence government policy and tend to believe they deserve privileges not afforded to people of other religions, or people who aren't religious at all.

I also enjoy discussion and debate, and I think there will be societal advantages to people learning to think critically and assess information. Finally, this isn't ALL we do. How can you ask why we don't contribute to humankind when you don't know what we do? Your post is full of assumptions and generalisations. Do a bit of reading.
Also morality does not stem from religion. Your homophobic Christian beliefs are hardly moral in the 21st century.
(September 26, 2011 at 2:48 pm)tuanna Wrote: sorry for my bad english .

Bad english is the least of your problems.

Bad English, bad... Everything. Perhaps you should actually get to know an atheist before you make judgements about them.
"In our youth, we lacked the maturity, the decency to create gods better than ourselves so that we might have something to aspire to. Instead we are left with a host of deities who were violent, narcissistic, vengeful bullies who reflected our own values. Our gods could have been anything we could imagine, and all we were capable of manifesting were gods who shared the worst of our natures."-Me

"Atheism leaves a man to sense, to philosophy, to natural piety, to laws, to reputation; all of which may be guides to an outward moral virtue, even if religion vanished; but religious superstition dismounts all these and erects an absolute monarchy in the minds of men." – Francis Bacon
Tisk tisk... Another a-hole looking to criticize us. But not about religion this time! Thats a plus! Big Grin
"Truth can never be reached by just listening to the voice of an authority." -- Francis Bacon

Another shit and runner.
(September 26, 2011 at 2:48 pm)tuanna Wrote: I see a lot of atheists chase wealth and no doubt they are richer than religious people.
If you think that then you haven't met many religious people.
[Image: churchrich.jpg]

Quote:sorry for my bad english .
Apology not accepted.

I'm not even going to waste my time 'pondering' on the rest of your atrocious mountain of bullshit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 5363 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  What do atheists think of pagans and wiccans Woah0 56 3862 September 18, 2022 at 5:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 985 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2198 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why do atheists think Original Sin isn't real? ErGingerbreadMandude 34 6750 January 21, 2017 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  When Atheists Can't Think Episode 1: No Evidence for God? Delicate 510 86277 December 30, 2015 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  When Atheists Can't Think Episode 2: Proving Atheism False Heat 18 3399 December 22, 2015 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Popular arguments you think Atheists shouldn't use Dolorian 43 6530 September 11, 2014 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants
  What Christians think of atheists Dystopia 24 4213 July 21, 2014 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Why I think theists who think atheists are going to hell are full of shit. Whateverist 11 3046 April 27, 2014 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical