Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Hardcover Evolution Book Based Upon Junior Skeptic
New Hardcover Evolution Book Based Upon Junior Skeptic
Borrowed from Skeptic Forum:

Daniel Loxton Wrote:The Skeptics Society is proud to reveal the first full-color, hardcover, illustrated English-language book based upon Junior Skeptic.

Published by Kids Can Press (February, 2010), Evolution: How We and All Living Things Came to Be is a straight-ahead introduction to the fact of evolution, to its mechanisms, and to the misunderstandings that surround it. The book aims to explain how evolution works — and how we know for a fact that it happens. It is suitable for readers aged 8–13.

Initial Reviews:

Quote:The best damn evolution book for kids, period.
— Michael Shermer
(Why Darwin Matters: The Case Against Intelligent Design)

Quote:A wonderfully clear, up-to-date, and well-illustrated account of how evolution works. The scientific content is first-rate.
— Donald Prothero
(Evolution: What the Fossils Say and Why It Matters)

Quote:A full-throated defense and explication of Darwin’s theory…kept light and accessible by Loxton’s sense of humour and breezy prose style.
— Quill & Quire
RE: New Hardcover Evolution Book Based Upon Junior Skeptic
When I first looked at the title of the thread I thought it said "hardcore evolution"... Then I realised it didn't. Now I'm sad.
Cunt
Animavore Wrote:This book won a few awards and had to be published in Canada due to the fact that he couldn't get it published in America as American publishers thought it was too controversial.
http://news.discovery.com/human/evolutio...10916.html
Quote:The book aims to explain how evolution works — and how we know for a fact that it happens.

I predict that it will be banned in the Bible Belt.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fossil provides new understanding of bird evolution Foxaèr 10 920 June 30, 2018 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: oldpollock
Big Grin An Old Science book from 1650 Fake Messiah 19 2756 June 10, 2016 at 3:52 am
Last Post: abaris
Rainbow What science says about plant-based diets (Vegan) NeotericNinja 68 8179 May 23, 2016 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  New trend in evolution deniers. Brian37 45 5801 January 21, 2016 at 3:55 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Bug-killing book pages clean murky drinking water zebo-the-fat 6 1759 August 17, 2015 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: Kitty Galore
Thumbs Up Book Recommendations Brometheus 4 1500 April 1, 2015 at 11:45 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  New creationist movie: Evolution's Achilles' Heels Dolorian 35 10665 August 28, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Intelligent design type evolution vs naturalism type evolution. Mystic 59 30130 April 6, 2013 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Map proves Portuguese discovered Australia: new book pocaracas 15 5124 February 20, 2013 at 6:48 am
Last Post: The Magic Pudding
  Christian school text book teaches Loch Ness Monster real. downbeatplumb 30 10816 June 26, 2012 at 7:18 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused