Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEXTER!!!!!
DEXTER!!!!!
New season discussion? Looks like its mostly gonna be about religion. I wish Dexter would kill those assholes from westburo baptist church, and say something badass like, "God hates fags? Well he also hates assholes." That would make a good religion season.
"Truth can never be reached by just listening to the voice of an authority." -- Francis Bacon

RE: DEXTER!!!!!
(October 3, 2011 at 6:48 pm)ReB Wrote: New season discussion? Looks like its mostly gonna be about religion. I wish Dexter would kill those assholes from westburo baptist church, and say something badass like, "God hates fags? Well he also hates assholes." That would make a good religion season.

I have watched all five seasons so far and enjoyed it, although my dad and one of my sisters (I believe) are big fans of the show.
undefined
I watched Dexter for the first three seasons,then got bored.

Sadly it became just another American TV series: You take a moderately entertaining idea,and beat it with a greedy stick until it becomes a self parody.Tiger
Dexter's a great show.
[Image: Evolution.png]

(October 3, 2011 at 7:17 pm)padraic Wrote: I watched Dexter for the first three seasons,then got bored.

Sadly it became just another American TV series: You take a moderately entertaining idea,and beat it with a greedy stick until it becomes a self parody.Tiger

Season 3 (Jimmy Smits) was the worst one by far, the next two seasons with the "Trinity killer" (John Lithgow) and the season with Lumen/Avenging the abductors were probably the best ones of them all.

The 6th season had a somewhat weak start, hope it picks up with some interesting meta-plot, the new serial killer/nemesis seems interesting, very fucked up/ritualistic.
John Lithgow was (is) amazing. The man in front of a camera, can you make you believe anything. Funnier than hell and scarier than shit.

Hands down, GREAT actor!
[Image: Evolution.png]

Love the show, season 5 was meh though. But the premiere of season 6 I really liked. (I watched the leak aw week before it came on TV)

Seems it's going to be about a religious cult or some sort of thing in the way of the big bad.
(October 4, 2011 at 5:35 am)8BitAtheist Wrote: Love the show, season 5 was meh though. But the premiere of season 6 I really liked. (I watched the leak aw week before it came on TV)

Seems it's going to be about a religious cult or some sort of thing in the way of the big bad.

Really? I thought S5 was 2nd best behind S4... Lumen was a great character, a much better fit for Dex than Rita (who was mostly just a fucking annoyance) and the plot with the Billionare and his school buddies was cool too.
(October 3, 2011 at 11:37 pm)Cinjin Wrote: John Lithgow was (is) amazing. The man in front of a camera, can you make you believe anything. Funnier than hell and scarier than shit.

Hands down, GREAT actor!

Agreed, I always loved 3rd Rock but never knew he could act as brilliantly as he did playing the Trinity Killer, that was just awesome.
(October 3, 2011 at 6:48 pm)ReB Wrote: New season discussion? Looks like its mostly gonna be about religion. I wish Dexter would kill those assholes from westburo baptist church, and say something badass like, "God hates fags? Well he also hates assholes." That would make a good religion season.

My co-worker & I were just discussing how fun it would be if Dexter got bored with serial-killers one season & started going after spammers & malware authors.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
(October 4, 2011 at 12:01 pm)Jaysyn Wrote:

My co-worker & I were just discussing how fun it would be if Dexter got bored with serial-killers one season & started going after spammers & malware authors.

He could get a job for with the Cybercrimes department of the UN, swap blood spatter for packet tracing Smile