Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Immoral want
Immoral want
1. Is it immoral to want someone to not exist?
2. Is it immoral to want someone to die?
3. Is it immoral to want someone to fall into an abyss of obscurity?

1. I'm not exactly sure, if you want someone to not exist it creates a theoretical hypothetical reality where they were never born and thus they can't die and you cannot wish for them to, and you'd also not be able to not exist either. So, maybe?

2. I think it may be immoral to wish death upon someone.

3. No, I don't think that that's immoral. For example if WPC were to fall off the face of the earth (figuratively [okay, maybe literally too]), I wouldn't mind one bit.
---
Thoughts?

--
RE: Immoral want
Interesting...

I am not sure about that one... But, because morality is subjective it may be difficult to come to a proper conclusion.

As they will have never existed, it isn't like dying as with dying you have the family who will mourn and feel pain at their passing.

I was fine not existing before I was born... It didn't bother me Tongue

As for wanting someone to die... It depends on the reasons, I suppose.

As for the third, I would imagine it is similar to the first? I don't know...
Cunt
(October 5, 2011 at 4:42 am)8BitAtheist Wrote: 1. Is it immoral to want someone to not exist?

No
2. Is it immoral to want someone to die?

No, but it is immoral to do something about it.
3. Is it immoral to want someone to fall into an abyss of obscurity?

No, what is a pit of obscurity anyway.......new jersey?
1. I'm not exactly sure, if you want someone to not exist it creates a theoretical hypothetical reality where they were never born and thus they can't die and you cannot wish for them to, and you'd also not be able to not exist either. So, maybe?

So thoughts can be sinfull. why?
it isnt thoughts that are the problem its actions that count

2. I think it may be immoral to wish death upon someone.

You are again talking about wishing as though it makes a difference.
3. No, I don't think that that's immoral. For example if WPC were to fall off the face of the earth (figuratively [okay, maybe literally too]), I wouldn't mind one bit.
---
Thoughts?

Thought crimes are not crimes.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

No, no and no. Wishes cannot often be helped. Actions, even if they are mere wishes spoken out loud, can hurt, but wishes cannot.
(October 5, 2011 at 1:42 pm)Shell B Wrote: No, no and no. Wishes cannot often be helped. Actions, even if they are mere wishes spoken out loud, can hurt, but wishes cannot.

Thats what i said.Big Grin

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Only one answer allowed? Tongue
He was wishing that way.
Trying to update my sig ...
I think it's normal to have those thoughts sometimes about certain people.

Among other "wicked" thoughts.
Trying to update my sig ...
(October 5, 2011 at 4:55 am)frankiej Wrote: Interesting...

I am not sure about that one... But, because morality is subjective it may be difficult to come to a proper conclusion.

Indeed.

From my view, nope to all 3.
And besides, morality and immorality for that matter, is a very subjective issue.
I'm sure some religious people would consider those very immoral. It all depends on each individual's morals.
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do we only do things we want to do? DodosAreDead 9 1100 November 19, 2018 at 12:41 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Atheists, I want to know your explanation for these Out of body experiences? arda101 39 5867 January 29, 2017 at 2:57 am
Last Post: Magilla
  How do you punish people that want to die? ReptilianPeon 16 3949 July 5, 2015 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  I want your honest answer. Zidneya 27 4561 September 22, 2014 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  is procrastinating immoral ? DramaQueen 14 2571 August 31, 2014 at 1:39 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  People Want You Thrown in Cages for Disagreement Koolay 3 1013 July 19, 2013 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Immoral atheists Inigo 53 10425 July 4, 2013 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  What is the change you want to see in the world? Mystic 16 5084 June 10, 2012 at 11:03 pm
Last Post: Whateverist