Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Atheism Website
New Atheism Website
Hi there,

I am in the process of creating a new website: smartatheist.co.uk aimed at promoting freedom of speech, freedom of thought and freedom of choice and obviously, atheism. As an extensive atheist community I am interested to know what sort of content would draw you to a site like this and keep you coming back. Any thoughts or opinions would be very much appreciated, even negative ones! Any kind of feedback is great.

Many Thanks

Sam - smartathiest
RE: New Atheism Website
Welcome...

Chicken pie would draw me to it.
Cunt
Thanks frankie, as soon as virtual chicken pies become available I'll be sure to include them!
You know... I'll never respect people who make a username here and immediately advertise something. And yet they still do it... And even better they leave as soon as 'The One Thread' (forged in the fire of mount doom) has ended. Cooler still... They'll do all of this without an avatar.

And then when you call this behavior bullshit: they always whine. Probably all come from France. -_-
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(October 6, 2011 at 5:12 pm)Vaeolet Lilly Blossom Wrote: You know... I'll never respect people who make a username here and immediately advertise something. And yet they still do it... And even better they leave as soon as 'The One Thread' (forged in the fire of mount doom) has ended. Cooler still... They'll do all of this without an avatar.

And then when you call this behavior bullshit: they always whine. Probably all come from France. -_-

Under no circumstances did I mean to offend. My aim was not to advertise the site, but to gain advice regarding what people may want to see on such a site or what people thought might be beneficial to help promote a free way of thinking. Ultimately it is arbitrary as to whether or not I posted the site name in my question, as the responses I hoped to receive could be applied to any site of this kind and may have provided assistance to anyone hoping to set up a similar project. I believed I would gain some friendly constructive advice but forgive me, it seems I was under false pretences.

In addition, I apologise for the lack of an avatar. I was planning on uploading one in due course but was eager to post my idea and receive feedback and thus I posted right away.

I hope I have helped to alter your immediate preconceptions of a 'whiney' reply and hope that you realise my post had no adverse intentions. Finally, for the record I do not come from France, it might not be that far, but the channel is definitely wide enough to keep us and the French apart.
One word. Bacon and Cheese.
Cheese mmm.

Nothing to add
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
(October 6, 2011 at 3:05 pm)smartatheist Wrote: Hi there

Hi there.

What is wrong with this site? (Besides the fact I did not get a pie.)

I wanna pie! Waaaaaaah!
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
I call bullshit. This place is established. If you want to establish a new place, do so, but build it on your own efforts, not dropping a hook into someone else's barrel. The people on this site look around enough and talk enough that, if you were to build something worth their time, you would be discovered.
Trying to update my sig ...
"Build it...and they will come"

To quote a corny phrase from some movie I saw. Smile
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  National News Website AFTT47 1 4149 April 3, 2015 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: Norman Humann
  Fake Monsters University Website thesummerqueen 3 2161 October 12, 2012 at 7:41 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Meaning of Life TV website Neo-Scholastic 1 987 April 16, 2012 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: Rayaan