Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 11:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get to know your staff - Darwinian
Get to know your staff - Darwinian
Do you/ have you/ would you own a sheep dog?

As bizarre as it may seem, I do not currently own my own sheep dog at the moment and it saddens me to say that I have never done so either. However, if the opportunity presented itself I would gladly become a sheepdog owner.

As a single child of two blind parents (both sadly now no longer residents of this planet) I lived with at least two guide dogs, sometimes three, until I was in my 20's. And in my 30's I was the owner of two retired guide dogs so, that's probably the closest I can come.

Do you identify with sheep dogs?

No, I have no herding instinct, either literally or metaphorically.

If God were a sheep dog would you believe?

Possibly, because there is good, solid evidence to suggest that sheepdog's actually do exist.

N.B. These are quite daft questions so I won't embarrass fr0d0 by mentioning him by name.

Which of your tattoos is your favorite?

I don't really have a favourite, although the one on my back really needs to be filled in. I've been putting it off for about 27 years :S

What do you think of Tiberius's BDSM thread?

Disturbing Undecided

What have your best moments been as a father?

When I split up with my ex wife and she gave in when I refused to give her custody of the sprogs. And pretty much every other moment as well.

Have you ever wanted a pony before?

No.

How would you like that pony to ride you?

What pony?

Are you anything like your names sake?

Nothing. I'm more like a cross between Carl Sagan, Zaphod Beeblebrox, Arthur Dent, Terence Hill, Arthur C. Clarke, Butters Scotch.....

Are you left handed?

I would have been but a teacher in infant school forced me to use my right hand instead. Not sure if that was a good idea but I can write with my left hand perfectly well, except that it comes out reversed.

What is your stance on general Creationism vs. Biology?

The same as my stance on 'Santa giving presents vs Parents giving presents' or 'Steady State vs The Big Bang' or 'The Bible being the inspired word of God vs The Bible being a human creation'.

In general though it is utterly beyond me why anyone would hold such a view, especially when you consider the immense weight of high quality evidence against it. Not to mention the complete and utter lack of any verisimilitude in the creation story.

Lemons and tea taste good together...would lemon grass taste good being boiled into your tea?

I don't know, having never had it. Maybe. Who knows? Not me. Does it really matter? If it does matter, does it matter that it matters?

Someone approaches you and says; "I didn’t come from no damn monkey! God created me!" ... how do you respond?

I'd pat them on the back, sit them down and give them a refreshing cup of lemon grass tea. Then I'd walk slowly away because arguing with creationists is like fitting wheels to a tomato. Time consuming and completely pointless.

You just ran into a rest stop with an uncontrollable urge to poo. You just let out the biggest crap you could possibly pass. You reach for the toilet paper... but lo... there is none to be had.

What do you do?

Ask someone to pass me a roll Big Grin If there was no-one there then I'd have to use my boxers. Disgusting maybe but totally logical I think you'll find. However, it's all pretty academic as I never use public toilets for that sort of thing.

What would you do if you said out loud "Computer..end program" and found yourself standing in a black square room covered in yellow grid, an arch on the side?

I'd walk to the arch, go through and then insist that Cpt Picard locate Q so that he can ask me to join the continuum.

What are your thought on Charles Darwin?

He was a genius who blew away the anachronistic and archaic thinking of the time and continues to do so.

So how many years have you lived on this third rock from the star Sol??

How old am I or how long have I been on this planet? Well, I've been on this planet without too many breaks for, aham, 45 years.

How many children do you have?

Two.

Grandchildren?

None. I'm far too young..

What do you do for your basic income?

I make chess sets. A business that I set up myself about a year ago as I was fed up having to go to the Job Centre every week, pretending that I was actively seeking work.

What do you LOVE to do?

You've stumped me here. I enjoy doing all sorts of things but LOVE? I don't know. Perhaps this is a flaw in my lifestyle that needs to be looked at Dodgy

If 5 is not compatible to 4 why are you not engaged in 5 as a priciple income and are you doing anything to correct that?

My research team is currently looking into this question where it will be thoroughly investigated, submitted to rigorous scientific testing and, if any sense can be made of it, suggest a suitable translation whereupon the possibility of an answer may be forthcoming.

Do you like tofu??

No.

What happened to you on the worst day of your life?

My Mother died.

What was one of the coolest things that you made by yourself?

I made a P.I.M. For the Amiga that was published on Amiga Computing's coverdisk which made me £1000 in the first week. And those were in the days of floppy disks, cheques and hardly any internet.

This was then picked up by Commodore Amiga who wanted to bundle it with their next release of the computer and would have been worth over £100,000 for me. Unfortunately they went bust and sold out to Escom before that could happen and so I got nothing.

I then wrote another one which was described by Amiga Format as the Amiga's premier information manager.

I made the [hide] and the [imgfit] tags.

I made an email programme for my blind mother that spoke to her and read out all the emails etc.

I made a couple of humans a while ago, one of each, and they seem to be turning out pretty well Big Grin

And I've made all sorts of other things like chess sets, furniture, clothes, teeth, beer, wine and of course, plenty of mistakes..

What got you into making chess sets?

I was given a lovely chess set for Christmas by my Mother and my natural curiosity dared me to try and make a copy of it.

With your recent "ghost hunting" expedition, would you consider joining up with a skeptic society to look up paranormal claims?

Might be fun, certainly better than investigating claims with a bunch of 'believers' who spend the whole evening trying to coax 'Richard the child ghost' into throwing stones!!

What is your favorite memory with each of your kids?

One of my favourite memory's of Bessie is when she was about two and was in the lounge when I heard her laughing hysterically. I thought she was feeding the dog again but when I went in I found her laughing at Pingu on the t.v. That was the first time she had ever laughed at something not in the 'real world'. She carried on laughing all through her life right up to the age of about 13 when she was possessed by an alien called puberty Undecided She's starting to laugh again now though.

And as for the Huw, he's so funny that I could write a book about all the strange things he says and the odd reactions he has to things but the first thing that sprang to mind was when he was five and a half months old and while sitting on my lap looked me in the face and said, “Hello Daddy”..
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Get to know your staff - Darwinian
Good answers Great
you got a lot weirder questions than I received. Thinking
[Image: Evolution.png]

Weird people attract weird questions Wacky
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Nah, I think they just want to test your clever answers. Tongue
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Staff Log - Bannings, Reports, and Other Actions Darwinian 3265 758943 Yesterday at 4:52 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  New Staff Moderator The Valkyrie 20 1367 December 30, 2023 at 8:25 am
Last Post: no one
  Staff Changes BrianSoddingBoru4 32 6280 November 23, 2020 at 10:45 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  The "Report" button, and how not to treat your staff. Jackalope 71 27942 February 9, 2020 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: brewer
  New Guidelines for Staff Correspondence Shell B 3 1318 June 8, 2018 at 11:48 am
Last Post: brewer
  Get to know your staff [UPDATED] Losty 534 43160 February 16, 2018 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Staff Interviews - Tiberius Tiberius 103 13925 November 19, 2016 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Staff Interviews - Losty (Plus our NEW YouTube channel!) Tiberius 72 16003 November 5, 2016 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  Staff Interviews - Stimbo Tiberius 33 6351 October 13, 2016 at 8:57 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Staff Interviews - robvalue Tiberius 81 10036 October 6, 2016 at 2:45 am
Last Post: robvalue