Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mythbusters
Mythbusters
I like that show on Discovery. Is there anyone else here that enjoy it too? The two main hosts Adam savage and Jamie Hyneman are atheists, think I have mentioned that before. But for those who don't know might find it to be intresting.

Adam have acctually in a intreview said that he wanted to bust the myth of creationism. Would be cool if they were allowed to do it.
RE: Mythbusters
I watch it. It's such an awesome show. Big Grin
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
I love that show!
You know the bald guy with the hat and the cool facial hair? (I can't remember his name)

I saw him at the Georgia aquarium a few months ago! lol it was cool
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful with out having to believe there are fairies at the bottom of it to?" -Douglas Adams.Heart
Pastafarian
I Evolved!
Jamie Hyneman. He built one of the first full body spinners for robotwars. He and Grant Imahara are still active in Battlebots.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Does anyone have a picture of when Hyneman didn't have a mustache?
i love that show, i watched it from the first episodes and it thought me a lot
Personally, it's not God I dislike, it's his fan club I can't stand.
It's a fun show. I like how they think like normal people, and do things "to see what happens", when normal people don't have the know-how or means to test these things.

It's a great "armchair science" format.
- Meatball
(April 2, 2009 at 7:39 am)Giff Wrote: Adam have acctually in a intreview said that he wanted to bust the myth of creationism. Would be cool if they were allowed to do it.

Holy cow! That would be an awesome show! Just imagine the hell they would have to pay (no pun intended) for producing an episode like that!

Would you happen to know where I can find a transcription, video or audio of this interview?
"We do not consider ourselves a Christian nation, or a Jewish nation or a Muslim nation, we consider ourselves a nation of citizens who are bound by ideals and a set of values."

-President Barack Obama
(April 14, 2009 at 12:02 am)Atheismo Wrote:
(April 2, 2009 at 7:39 am)Giff Wrote: Adam have acctually in a intreview said that he wanted to bust the myth of creationism. Would be cool if they were allowed to do it.

Holy cow! That would be an awesome show! Just imagine the hell they would have to pay (no pun intended) for producing an episode like that!

Would you happen to know where I can find a transcription, video or audio of this interview?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Savage#Personal_life

But as it says "Savage has since stated that such an episode is unlikely because Mythbusters has a policy of not attempting to disprove supernatural phenomena"

That very unfortunate, because I think such things should be on the show. I mean, why not?
Hey, thanks, Giff!

I think that Discovery Channel will not let him do the show. They are probably afraid that something that controversial would loose too much of their fan base for both the channel and the program.

This is quite unfortunate, because I would love to see the creationism myth busted on prime-time cable! Hopefully the Mythbusters guys would have a good enough episode to convince people and change a couple of minds out there, but if nothing else, the episode would at least make people think and begin to question what they think they know.
"We do not consider ourselves a Christian nation, or a Jewish nation or a Muslim nation, we consider ourselves a nation of citizens who are bound by ideals and a set of values."

-President Barack Obama