Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curious.
Curious.
Fact: We all bitch about politicians & governments.

My question is, do any of you guys actually write your lawmakers or use websites like PopVox to contact them with your views?

"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
RE: Curious.
Yes...numerous times. And guess what!!??

Nothing happened. At best the polies went in an entirely different dirrection and the "situation i was complaining about and offering a solution about" was ignored Sad
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(October 13, 2011 at 9:00 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Yes...numerous times. And guess what!!??

Nothing happened. At best the polies went in an entirely different dirrection and the "situation i was complaining about and offering a solution about" was ignored Sad

Yeah, pretty much the same situation here. You get back a form letter basically saying, "I'm going to do exacty what I want & I don't really need to give you a reason why."
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
(October 13, 2011 at 8:55 am)Jaysyn Wrote: Fact: We all bitch about politicians & governments.

My question is, do any of you guys actually write your lawmakers or use websites like PopVox to contact them with your views?

And you think that it matters?
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(October 13, 2011 at 9:54 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: And you think that it matters?

Kindly put me on ignore, as I don't need your shitty attitude or stupid comments.
(October 13, 2011 at 8:55 am)Jaysyn Wrote: Fact: We all bitch about politicians & governments.

Yes. Every time I've received a reply in the form of a form letter, basically saying "Thanks for your input, but I've already made up my mind on the issue."

Yes I e-mail them all the time. Alaska we have 1 stupid ass congressman. A lying dick sucking lackey of the Tom delay scandal bullshit, Golf playing marinara islands fat ass. Don Young.

Always generic responses about I will keep this in my thoughts when voting if any bill arises pertaining to this issue. NO. You will vote your stupid party line you idiot. End the party system!!!! Its a scam!!!!

Yes, I write them. I typically get a response saying "Thank you for taking the time to write, this issue is important to me, BUT I'm gonna keep on doing my own thing."
That will never hold up in court...
In the UK we have members of parliament who represent a constituency. They are all required to hold " surgeries " where their constituents can go to seek help over anything they wish.
It sounds very positive and I welcome it exists.
I have had mixed success down the years.
I think it's worth having under present circumstances.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
The best thing you can do is vote the bastards out each election.
Trying to update my sig ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm curious: who will the Trumpies blame if the economy crashes NuclearEnergy 17 1131 March 11, 2017 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  How Curious...Iranian government protests? KichigaiNeko 1 953 February 12, 2012 at 9:59 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious