Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:39 am

Poll: What are your thoughts on this
This poll is closed.
It's uplifting entertainment!
0%
0 0%
It's the funniest thing since Troll 2 pissed on hospitality!
42.86%
3 42.86%
Sheri touched me and converted me!
14.29%
1 14.29%
The implications behind this movie are terrifying!
14.29%
1 14.29%
I'm a theist and this crap offends me!
14.29%
1 14.29%
I want the last ninety minutes of my life back, Rye!
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C Me Dance: This movie seriously has to be seen to be believed!
C Me Dance: This movie seriously has to be seen to be believed!
This movie is called C Me Dance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G75E_4wwbl4

I came across this on the TVTropes page for "Glurge," and if you want to know what that means, go no further than the Snopes page that made the term popular. On TVTropes, one editor said that the trailer for the movie makes it seem like a parody of this sort of thing, but, in fact, it's the real thing.

The plot effectively amounts to this: this teenaged dancer named Sheri discovers that she has developed leukemia. Despite the fact that this films follows her to her death, somehow she never looks any different from the day she got diagnosed. After her father, who looks like Meat Loaf, but without any of the talent, decides to get her to bring God back into her life, it turns out that she has a horrifying new ability: she can touch people and convert them to the filmmakers' brand of Christianity. So, basically, she is like what would happen if the government of Demolition Man worked all the way up to the neurochemical level, even going so far as to have it arranged for her to do a sermon on network TV. Along the way, she meets Satan, who does nothing but change the colour of his eyes randomly, rock a kicking black trenchcoat, and run like a sissy when the girl calls him a loser. This is apparently intended to be horrifying, but the inept handling and the theme of mind control ensure that any horror attempted in this scene falls flat on its ass. And then she dies, and her parents mourn her death, her father reacting primarily by sniffing her hair and helping the camera hide the fact that he's clearly copping a feel off his dead, teenage, daughter. She goes to heaven, which seems to consist of a dance stage.

With all that, it's no wonder it got a ZERO PERCENT Score on Rotten Tomatoes.

Oh, and one more note about the title. You may think the title is just simple Princebonics for "See me dance," but you'd be wrong. The C actually stands for "Christ." This basically means the movie is called "Christ Me Dance," which makes no sense whatsoever.

Any comments? Any creepy things I left out? Any theists who want to distance themselves from this piece of shit?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
RE: C Me Dance: This movie seriously has to be seen to be believed!
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/c_me_dan...interested

27% of people liked that movie?

GOD DAMN there are some stupid fuckers on this planet.
I like dance flicks, but this was really shitty! Horrible delivery of the lines, could barely make through the first 10 minutes Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I want my two minutes back from reading the synopsis. The movie? Would not touch it. Should have had that in the poll.

Me Tarzan. You Jane. Christ me dance.

Still does not work.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
I'll pass.
(October 17, 2011 at 5:51 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/c_me_dan...interested

27% of people liked that movie?

GOD DAMN there are some stupid fuckers on this planet.

I often look up christian movie reviews for the movies I like cos I know they'll hate them.

Here is a christian review for this steaming pile of dog turds....

http://www.christianfilmdatabase.com/review/c-me-dance/

or this one....

http://www.christiancinema.com/catalog/p...ts_id=2851

P.s read the reviews at the bottom.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
How bad does a Christian movie have to be to get a bad review from these people?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Its like something a no-brainer fundy teenager would say:

"Christ...me dance!"
(October 18, 2011 at 7:10 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: How bad does a Christian movie have to be to get a bad review from these people?

Im sure most of them didnt even see the movie, and instead thumbed it up because it is positive about their mythology.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Movie everyone has seen except you. arewethereyet 23 1984 December 4, 2022 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Star Trek - seen them all? onlinebiker 22 1803 February 6, 2020 at 5:36 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (trailer) EgoDeath 32 3331 September 25, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Looking for a video about god (?) and the sixth sense movie Whoobodoobooo 5 770 May 21, 2019 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Force Awakens was a disappointing movie Rimi921 13 1320 April 27, 2019 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Captain Marvel movie w/ spoilers Rahn127 0 347 March 9, 2019 at 2:04 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  SPOILER ALERT: Black Mirror - Bandersnatch (Interactive Movie) GrandizerII 0 220 December 29, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Have you seen dolls this real? ignoramus 13 565 December 6, 2018 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The best oddly satisfying video I've seen. ignoramus 0 203 November 24, 2018 at 1:34 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Upcoming movie movie trailer discussion Alex K 50 6057 October 22, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama