Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charged with Dei-cide.
Charged with Dei-cide.
Hello, everyone!
I am a 17 year-old, recently de-converted atheist. I live in a family of Christians, and my dad has told in no uncertain terms that I am unwelcome because of my atheism. If it were up to him legally, he would kick me out right now.
He has restricted and censored me, and so I can turn nowhere else except the internet.

Thank you all for just existing; that, of course, is more than I can thank god for. Tongue

RE: Charged with Dei-cide.
Your dad sounds like a real cocksucker.

I'm sure he's a fine xtian.
Welcome!

I won't put it as bluntly as Min did, but I do think your father's reaction is a bit much, and unfortunately it's a story we've heard here before.

Take a little solace in knowing that you'll be accepted here.
(October 19, 2011 at 1:38 am)Minimalist Wrote: Your dad sounds like a real cocksucker.

I'm sure he's a fine xtian.

Actually, it is quite obvious in the other direction; as there is only a small bathroom sparating mine and my parents room, if you get my meaning. :/
I literally had to go outside because of the awkwardness at the...noises...

Anyways, thanks for the welcome. Smile

(October 19, 2011 at 1:45 am)I_Blaspheme Wrote: Welcome!

I won't put it as bluntly as Min did, but I do think your father's reaction is a bit much, and unfortunately it's a story we've heard here before.

Take a little solace in knowing that you'll be accepted here.

Thank you very much!
I look forward to the discussions. Smile

Quote:I literally had to go outside because of the awkwardness at the...noises...

Ah....coming in the name of the lord, eh?
Hi Lehrling from the 'Land Down Under'

Welcome to the forums.

Rest here a spell and enjoy your stay. Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(October 19, 2011 at 1:56 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:I literally had to go outside because of the awkwardness at the...noises...

Ah....coming in the name of the lord, eh?

You know what Jesus said: "Let the little children come unto me." and "We are all god's children."

Sounds Biblically sound to me. Too bad the bible didn't clue them in on sound-proof walls. :/
Welcome to the forum.

I hope that your father doesn't restrict the internet as well now. Enjoy your stay. Smile
No worries, love. Welcome to AF.

Don't let those xtians get you down.

Welcome

I shiver in the thought that a parent would do that to his kid, just because of religion. But you'll fit right in here.