Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In the hospital
In the hospital
Have to keep this short. I went to the ER this morning with chest pain and shortness of breath, etc. I though I was having a heart attack.

Doc told me a little while ago that I have a pulmonary embolism (blood clots in the lungs). So I get to enjoy hospital hospitality for a few days while they thin my blood and make sure I don't get a thrombosis lodged my my heart or brain.

No prayers, please. Send cash and booze.
RE: In the hospital
Aw man! Please rest and get better! I will certainly not talk to myself on your behalf, but I do hope you get well soon!

Take care of yourself, peach - rest up, and get well. We need you back hale and hearty!
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I hope the nurses have big boobs for you.
(October 19, 2011 at 7:15 pm)I_Blaspheme Wrote: Have to keep this short. I went to the ER this morning with chest pain and shortness of breath, etc. I though I was having a heart attack.

Doc told me a little while ago that I have a pulmonary embolism (blood clots in the lungs). So I get to enjoy hospital hospitality for a few days while they thin my blood and make sure I don't get a thrombosis lodged my my heart or brain.

No prayers, please. Send cash and booze.

Get better soon
undefined
Bugger. I've been there, buddy. Make sure you act cold all the time so they bring you those cozy heated blankets. Hope you feel better soon.
(October 19, 2011 at 7:15 pm)I_Blaspheme Wrote: No prayers, please. Send cash and booze.

Not with your heart you can't. Getting cash will make you excited, causing an increase in heart rate and possible heart attack. Same for booze.

Nope, I'm sorry, but you'll just have to make do.

With sitting on your ass, that is.

Prayers are useless.

We'll send a get well hooker when you're done.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Sorry to hear about your illness. I can relate. Get well soon.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
Undecided Oh Noes!!

Get well soon mate Heart
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(October 19, 2011 at 7:15 pm)I_Blaspheme Wrote: Send cash and booze.

/initiate nurse mode

Oh no mister, no booze for you. Only small molecular heparin and later on probably warfarin. And some anti-thrombosis socks.

I'm glad that you got to the hospital in time, though. Get better soon, we need you here! Wink
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent admission to hospital robvalue 15 910 April 19, 2019 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Star Wars has become the next General Hospital. Jehanne 23 2674 January 8, 2018 at 9:28 am
Last Post: John V
  Out in front of the hospital a few mins ago.... Brian37 22 2122 August 13, 2016 at 8:49 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Back after a stay in a US mental hospital. bladevalant546 36 4720 September 30, 2014 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Aractus
  In hospital Autumnlicious 28 3883 August 26, 2013 at 6:52 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Stephen Hawking ill in hospital. leo-rcc 1 1520 April 21, 2009 at 8:19 am
Last Post: leo-rcc