Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Happens When Clergy Lose Their Faith?
What Happens When Clergy Lose Their Faith?
http://theness.com/roguesgallery/index.p...eir-faith/

Smart ass comment from Min before he even clicks on the article in 3...2...1...

Tongue
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: What Happens When Clergy Lose Their Faith?
When they lose their faith they have at least a chance of becoming rational human beings.

We have a couple of assholes around here who are examples of what happens when they keep their fucking faith.
Tell your wife you still don't disappoint.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I LOVE it when preachers of a decade plus realize that what they've been spewing is retarded.

It makes me think there is some hope for the human race.
[Image: Evolution.png]

They usually become pretty awesome. They know intimately what it is like to be a theist, and are usually extremely passionate about reason; especially if they used it to overcome a blind faith.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJ7QA6UraSubYrmCW4YJp...Sax3cLx1iQ]
(October 24, 2011 at 11:15 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Tell your wife you still don't disappoint.

She won't believe it, hon.
(October 24, 2011 at 11:47 pm)Cinjin Wrote: I LOVE it when preachers of a decade plus realize that what they've been spewing is retarded.

It makes me think there is some hope for the human race.

There is always hope for the human race, just not for those parts that can not dig themselves out of the grave that is Christianity or Islam.

Many priests and strong believers alike have de-converted. Obviously harbouring a good level of doubt. Met a girl online who PMed me and with a very aggressive message about my atheism. We talked for a while and she later told me that she doesn't really believe either. She couldn't really come out because of her religious family. It's like she was only attacking me and my atheism because of the indoctrination.
I asked her if she really believed in a god, no was the answer.

If there are people like that, who act as if religious but are not. Makes you wonder how many atheists are out there.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Their heads explode.
Cunt
(October 25, 2011 at 7:24 am)frankiej Wrote: Their heads explode.

Only with reason frankiej...kinda feel sorry for them that they feel as though they must lead a "double life of lies"
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what point does faith become insanity? Fake Messiah 64 3870 May 8, 2023 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1250 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Baha'i faith Figbash 5 934 April 13, 2020 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] Comfort in Faith at Death Shell B 142 10981 August 4, 2019 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Atheist who is having a crisis of faith emilsein 204 12273 April 29, 2019 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Losty
  If I lose my soul, do I die? robvalue 37 5190 September 4, 2018 at 12:15 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Faith industry Graufreud 8 829 August 8, 2018 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My faith is on hold. Mystic 16 4198 May 3, 2018 at 9:40 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  This Will Cause Believers To Lose Their Shit Minimalist 36 8532 March 30, 2018 at 11:14 am
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Christians and Their Homework! chimp3 78 9212 March 6, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb