Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell us about the place you live
Tell us about the place you live
Let's get to know each other. Tell us about the place you live in. How big is it? What kind of a place is it? Is it famous for anything, or did/does anyone famous live there? What things are nearby? What interesting things are there?

I live in Whitchurch, Hampshire, in the UK. It's a country town with a population of approx 4500 people, so a fairly small place. It's a close knit community, and a walk into the centre is likely to result in seeing at least a couple of people that you know. The River Test, which is the longest river in Hampshire, runs through the middle of the town.

[Image: whitchurch10.jpg]

[Image: 1424107_027ee345.jpg]

There used to be something obscene like 11 pubs, but as the economy has got worse, we're now down to 7, of varying quality. Here's my local, the Prince Regent, which is 20 yards from my house:

[Image: 2541645885_ca0172b4eb.jpg]

Famous residents include Lord Denning, who was Master of the Rolls here for some time (the top judge, basically). His house is still there even though he died some years back. The novel 'Watership Down' is set here as well, and the author, Richard Adams, still lives here. A pub just outside Whitchurch is named The Watership Down. BBC Sports presenter Mike 'Bushy' Bushell also lives here.

[Image: untitled.JPG]

15 miles or so from Whitchurch is historic Winchester, the former capital of England in the days of Alfred the Great. It's a beautiful city and I love getting down there from time to time.

[Image: Winchester_cathedral_side2.jpeg]

Hit it!
RE: Tell us about the place you live
I live in a wee place on the edge of Dundee, Scotand... Tis Broughty Ferry... The people here are often viewed as snobs and posh arseholes, this is kind of true Tongue Well, compared to the rest of Dundee anyway Wink

There are 15 pubs (The ferry fifteen)... The place is quite famous for its beach. I don't think it is great, but I have lived here my whole life, so what do I know Tongue

Dundee is situated on the River Tay... Which is the longest river in Scotland I believe.

Broughty Ferry Castle over there Smile
[Image: S5030162.jpg]

A view of Broughty Ferry from inside the castle walls
[Image: broughtycastle4.jpg]

The beach
[Image: 5970.jpg]

There isn't much to say about this place...

Cunt
I live in central Edinburgh. I'll take some pics tomorrow if anyone's interested, but you can probably find most of the good bits on the internet.
All of you are lucky. I live in america, which means I live in a shit hole where your neighbors are constantly trying to find a way to stab you in the back and use you as a step ladder for them to become filthy rich on.
(October 25, 2011 at 1:47 pm)ElDinero Wrote: I live in Whitchurch, Hampshire, in the UK. It's a country town with a population of approx 4500 people, so a fairly small place. It's a close knit community, and a walk into the centre is likely to result in seeing at least a couple of people that you know. The River Test, which is the longest river in Hampshire, runs through the middle of the town.

I live in Gosport hampshire and have had a camping holiday in Brockenhurst. That pub according to google maps we live about 40 miles from ach other, small world aint it.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

You're right near Darwinian. I used to live in Warsash.
I know darwinain well he introduced me to this site to see how I'd react to some over the top fundie called 'I fight for jesus', I think my venom amused him.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I live in orlando. We have all the amusement parks so my childhood was orgasmic.
If I die and god is real, im so screwed.
I live in a small, predominantly Catholic town in the midwest USA bible belt. The town exists because Catholic missionaries came here over 150 years ago to turn the native (American) Indians Catholic. Nowadays, there's a large Catholic church, about 800 people living here, a few businesses, and no Indians, and at least one atheist (myself).
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
A place I like to call NoWhereTown, Virginia. Okay, okay, I live in Madison Heights, I just don't like it.
There's really not much to say about it except that it's just your typical mountain town; it's at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. There are churches on literally(and I mean that
"in the literal sense") every corner. And it's nearly 10 miles from Liberty University.

Also, people hang on to history like crazy! For example, this place they call the Tyler House. Personally, I don't know anything about it, but I pass by it almost every day. Ergo, I have no clue why it hasn't been demolished.
[Image: TylerHouseExterior4.JPG]

This is the James River as seen from my redneck town. That's Lynchburg on the other side of it.
[Image: beautiful-downtown-lynchburg.jpg]
Don’t ask.

Atheist
I Evolved!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone visit a volcano, or live near a volcano? Brian37 27 1356 October 21, 2021 at 5:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  24 hours to live onlinebiker 115 5618 January 1, 2021 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
Thumbs Up Tell me YOUR weather is this screwed up. onlinebiker 5 619 April 15, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Are you happy where you live? Macoleco 39 2836 August 22, 2019 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Where's your favorite place to travel to? EgoDeath 21 1949 March 2, 2019 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  You can tell it' s REALLY cold out when - onlinebiker 13 1289 January 31, 2019 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If you could live in a fairy tale Foxaèr 35 5856 November 11, 2018 at 7:37 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  I love this place, you fucking punks J a c k 22 1606 October 5, 2018 at 8:19 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  (Yet Another) Tell Us About You Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 40 2581 September 12, 2018 at 6:25 am
Last Post: Lucanus
Heart Tell us your ethnicity with food pics *Deidre* 138 20259 May 19, 2018 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: Napoléon