Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You may have heard of "planking..."
You may have heard of "planking..."
"Planking" is the internet craze where someone lays down just anywhere (in a field, on a sidewalk, next to a park bench, etc) stiff as a board (plank) and has someone take a picture of them and puts it on the internet. Yeah, I know, loads of fun and lulz, or at least I guess that's why they do it. I don't really get it myself.

Well now there's a new fad called "Tebowing," where someone mimics NFL quarterback and ultra-right wing fundie Christian Tim Tebow, who apparently feels it necessary to go down on one knee and pray for a few minutes after throwing a football.

Tebowing article

I think it's kind of funny how they're making fun of the ultra-religious and unnecessary act of praying during football games. To me, whenever NFL players go down on one knee after making a touchdown just screams "Hey everyone! Everyone! Hey! Look at me! Look at how religious I am! I'm so religious, see! I'm praying right here in the end zone!"

If these idiots ever read their holy book, Jesus said to not pray on the street corner like the hypocrites do in order that everyone notices how much they're praying, but to instead go to your closet (or room) and pray in private.

I still don't get the planking or Tebowing thing, but I don't think that Tebowing would have become a thing if it weren't for the stupid display of faith that Tebow always seems to necessarily show all the time.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
RE: You may have heard of "planking..."
(October 28, 2011 at 3:32 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: "Planking" is the internet craze where someone lays down just anywhere (in a field, on a sidewalk, next to a park bench, etc) stiff as a board (plank) and has someone take a picture of them and puts it on the internet. Yeah, I know, loads of fun and lulz, or at least I guess that's why they do it. I don't really get it myself.

Well now there's a new fad called "Tebowing," where someone mimics NFL quarterback and ultra-right wing fundie Christian Tim Tebow, who apparently feels it necessary to go down on one knee and pray for a few minutes after throwing a football.

Tebowing article

I think it's kind of funny how they're making fun of the ultra-religious and unnecessary act of praying during football games. To me, whenever NFL players go down on one knee after making a touchdown just screams "Hey everyone! Everyone! Hey! Look at me! Look at how religious I am! I'm so religious, see! I'm praying right here in the end zone!"

If these idiots ever read their holy book, Jesus said to not pray on the street corner like the hypocrites do in order that everyone notices how much they're praying, but to instead go to your closet (or room) and pray in private.

I still don't get the planking or Tebowing thing, but I don't think that Tebowing would have become a thing if it weren't for the stupid display of faith that Tebow always seems to necessarily show all the time.

Never heard of the tebowing thing, but have definitely heard of planking, it was pushed further on to "extreme planking" by some thrillseekers who got bored just lying in random places, so they started planking on top of billboards and the edges of high building and the like. Inevitably the worst happened and some young guy died after falling off a building in Australia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7yaHvse-PI

Anyway, there is a backlash now and they are trying to stop this activity, or at least the extreme aspects of it. Another craze that is doing the rounds now is "razorbombing".. it's not nearly as extreme as it sounds, it's merely using the outdoors to create funny pics with razors in them, here are a few examples..

[Image: imagesujhkhi.jpg]

[Image: imagessdrfsed.jpg]

[Image: imagesfgdfg.jpg]

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself." Peter O'Toole.
RE: You may have heard of "planking..."
'
Quote:"Planking" is the internet craze where someone lays down just anywhere (in a field, on a sidewalk, next to a park bench, etc) stiff as a board (plank) and has someone take a picture of them and puts it on the internet. Yeah, I know, loads of fun and lulz, or at least I guess that's why they do it. I don't really get it myself.

I guess idiots have to find something to keep all three brain cells occupied.Otherwise they might be here annoying those of us with five.. Tiger

Some twit here was planking on a balcony,fell off and was killed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  one of the cutest, loveliest things I ever heard in my life WinterHold 11 1299 May 23, 2020 at 6:35 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Realest rap song ive heard in a long time Heat 2 1228 December 23, 2015 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Drich
  May WHO have mercy? ATL 0 500 March 14, 2013 at 9:43 am
Last Post: ATL
  The best show in the universe (opinions may vary) leo-rcc 4 1455 November 1, 2011 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Weirdest sermon I have ever heard Justtristo 9 2748 September 22, 2011 at 1:11 am
Last Post: Erinome
  Best song I've EVER heard. theVOID 9 2136 August 30, 2011 at 1:15 am
Last Post: HeyItsZeus
  Have you heard? LastPoet 9 1929 August 1, 2011 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  Is this the most annoying (or most hilarious) song youve ever heard? Ashes1995 14 4227 December 30, 2009 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Ashes1995