Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crowd sourcing bullshit control
Crowd sourcing bullshit control
On my Facebook page I posted the youtube creationists video that was recently posted here on this forum about dinosaurs running around in the Congo. Someone said that the evolutionary scientists ought to speak up about Creation “science” bs. Well this got me thinking…read my reply below:
Well the bull (creation “Science) is so easy to shoot down you don't need anyone with any more than a high school diploma (some people even less than that). I was thinking that the job could be crowd sourced (i.e. get people from all over the world to do a little bit of ridicule on their free time just for fun) their combined efforts ought to show those who don't know what bs creation "science" is. I'm serious I was just thinking about this today. Leave the scientists with the real degrees free to do what they are good at without being bogged down with bs control. The creation "science" /intelligent design thing is really getting out of control. They have been pushing to teach this crap in public schools in Texas for quite a number of years now. it's just a thought.
You might say “why bother if we ignore them they will just go away”. I don’t know if they are going away (I admit I could be wrong about this). In the state of Texas they are trying to put intelligent design into the public school curriculum. If they can get the shit into the textbooks in Texas many smaller states might have difficulty buying books that don’t have the bs in it. Texas is one of the largest public school systems in the country. Textbooks that are bought here often influence the purchase of text books everywhere else because text book companies write to the tastes of the bigger market. Creationists know this. We (I’m a Texan) even have home schoolers employed in public school administration. Isn’t that some sort of conflict of interest?
As a former Christian Fundamentalist I know how they try to sell intelligent design/ Creation “Science” to other people. Though I never was involved in this myself (I was the idiot evolutionist who was too stupid to understand “the truth”. Creationists and their bs were always a shameful embarrassment to me) I know how they do things. The most effective way to legitimize Creation “Science” is to say over and over that it is perfectly reasonable, legitimate and scientific. Note the title “Creation Science”. If you put the word science into the title then it must be science right? This is why when I write about it I always put the science bit in quotes to avoid any confusion (not that anyone here would be confused, it’s just a good practice to keep so I do it). Anyway, their tactic works . People are too lazy to look into their claims. A reasonable rebuttal is to make it easy for people to look into their claims.
I also know that creationist hecklers can be a real bother to legitimate scientists. They do things like send their cronies out to conferences to heckle the speakers. It’s a pain in the ass.

There ought to be a few guidelines I suppose. One I have already mentioned is to make it a habit to put the word science in quotes when referring to Creation “Science”. Another suggestion would be if you have a website, only have it for the purpose of posting information that crowd sourcers could cut and paste into their facebook pages, forums, blogs etc. Don’t centralize things else it will make it easy to attack. Try to decentralize as much as possible.
These are just a few ideas of mine. They may actually be dumb ideas but I posted them so I can get input. Please reply, I’d like to know what you’all think.
RE: Crowd sourcing bullshit control
I think we should just smack them around until they bleed out like a stuck pig.
Cunt
That sounds overly violent, but then you realize they believe they'll go to heaven if they bleed out. Really, they shouldn't mind at all.
Ziploc have you met statler yet? I'm sure you two would get exactly like a house on fire.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(October 30, 2011 at 7:23 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Ziploc have you met statler yet? I'm sure you two would get exactly like a house on fire.

Statler, I believe, is a guy with quite a reputation on this forum for being a flaming Christian Fundamentalist (cf). If so he could provide the fuel, I could provide the fresh air and with a little ignition we can have quite a fire. Come people warm your hands beside the fire.

I have met many people like this before. Often they are too stupid to argue with. They don't know when they are being mocked, taunted and they keep talking even after being totally crushed in debate. It can be entertaining at times though.ROFLOL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bullshit "I'm an atheist but atheism is evil" article in the Grauniad boils my blood GUBU 13 1958 March 30, 2021 at 6:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How to argue using bullshit abstract terms I_am_not_mafia 23 5987 March 20, 2018 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Atheism in control would be bad Radieo31 66 13843 January 13, 2018 at 9:34 pm
  brainwashing & mind control techniques purplepurpose 6 1702 November 24, 2017 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Tooth Fairy Bullshit Neo-Scholastic 588 53507 January 26, 2017 at 1:45 pm
  Old Style Evie/Why "gods" are bullshit. Edwardo Piet 52 10302 January 14, 2016 at 11:23 am
  The Golden Rule ? Sense or Bullshit? Magnum 92 35479 July 26, 2013 at 11:41 am
Last Post: genkaus
  Penn and Teller Bullshit: The Bible Gooders1002 0 1850 May 12, 2012 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002
  Penn and Teller Bullshit: The Vatican LarissaAnn 2 1585 December 5, 2011 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  As a non-believer, how do I mentally let go of things beyond my control??... dave4shmups 31 13408 February 20, 2011 at 8:50 am