Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK guys and gals, SHOCK! Meet God...
OK guys and gals, SHOCK! Meet God...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...75ESD9PBOw

http://www.suasnews.com/2011/11/9691/ger...ed-flight/

So dedicated DIY people can now make – in their garage – a de facto silent remotely piloted drone with a 150 pound payload! That's a lot of camera and/or 'wardriving' (in this case 'warflying') gear to patrol the skies with and shoot compromising imagery of unsuspecting citizens like you and me with!
Unused payload capacity to be applied towards extra battery packs, extending flight range and duration.

If someone can make something like that in their garage it boggles the mind what the government is capable of...

The all-seeing eye in the sky.
So for all intents and purposes: this is God!
We have created Him ourselves!
Or is it really Satan in disguise...?
RE: OK guys and gals, SHOCK! Meet God...
I moved this thread. It's very interesting, but it has little to do with religion. Actually, from what I can tell, it has absolutely nothing to do with "god" and a title change may be appropriate.

However, I'll leave that to your discretion.

Really very interesting to me though.
[Image: Evolution.png]

If you don't pray to a Predator drone it will shoot a Hellfire missile up your ass.

That's POWER, man.
(November 2, 2011 at 2:39 am)Minimalist Wrote: If you don't pray to a Predator drone it will shoot a Hellfire missile up your ass.

That's POWER, man.

POWER? Pfft. That Predator is produced with a financial limitation. If we had "currency" removed and working on pure charity without financial needs. We'd build:

[Image: fear-2-9.jpg][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShl4qEpDsX2TATniazHq2...t2-NXIjgWy][Image: F3_360_PALandingOnBridge.jpg]

That's POWER! If you ask me, it's bit of boring to remotely control a drone.
(November 2, 2011 at 2:39 am)Minimalist Wrote: That's POWER, man.

= God

Omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent.

A god that we, mankind, have created ourselves. To rule ourselves.

That is the point of this thread, cinjin! As clearly stated in the bodycopy of my OP. Though you'd need to read it to get it of course. The tech angle is just an illustration.
So the title stays. Even if you've now patently stuck the thread in the wrong section.
I actually don't agree, R/S.

God is a phony figment of primitive imaginations.

Hellfire-firing Predators drones are fucking REAL.

Major difference.
(November 2, 2011 at 1:08 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I actually don't agree, R/S.

God is a phony figment of primitive imaginations.

Hellfire-firing Predators drones are fucking REAL.

Major difference.

They all fuck us! Like Shiva, or the trinity, or the gods of the Olympus they are all just different apparitions of the same phenomenon: mankind's in-built stupidity. Drones are just one more apparition of that same phenomenon.
(November 2, 2011 at 12:42 pm)Rokcet Scientist Wrote: That is the point of this thread, cinjin! As clearly stated in the bodycopy of my OP. Though you'd need to read it to get it of course. The tech angle is just an illustration.
So the title stays. Even if you've now patently stuck the thread in the wrong section.

Keep your title man. It's of no concern to me. Not quite sure what you mean by "patently" since this is only the second thread I've ever moved ... but ok.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Quote:Drones are just one more apparition

Except drones are not an apparition.
Gundams and Mechas never made any sense to me, it is so stupid to scale up a bipedal system as there are no advantages and only disadvantages.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Don't mess with the IT guys. Jackalope 3 1139 December 7, 2012 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy