Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't prosecute spousal rape, she was wearing a nightie.
Don't prosecute spousal rape, she was wearing a nightie.
Meet Dick Black. He is running for office in Virginia. Black is best known as an anti-abortion politician, determined to end a woman’s right to chose by any means possible. In his own legislative career he has fought to allow pharmacies to refuse to sell birth control, which he once referred to as "baby pesticides", and even sent little plastic pink fetuses to his collegues in order to garner support for his bills.

As if that weren’t bad enough, then there is his belief that it’s not worth it to try and prosecute cases of spousal rape, because how could you ever prove it wasn't consensual? After all, she was "wearing a nightie" in bed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvRb4NtrRVQ

Now I know this is a clip from the opponent of Dick Black, but it is kind of difficult calling it a smear campaign if the person talking in the video is Dick Black himself.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
RE: Don't prosecute spousal rape, she was wearing a nightie.
What exactly is spousal rape anyways?
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Spousal rape is non-consensual sex in which the perpetrator is the victim's spouse. It is a form of sexual abuse, like partner rape.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(November 2, 2011 at 7:22 am)leo-rcc Wrote: Spousal rape is non-consensual sex in which the perpetrator is the victim's spouse. It is a form of sexual abuse, like partner rape.
Never heard of it.
Didn't know that such things were ever like the case?
I mean, if you don't want to sleep with your husband/wife, why not get a divorce in the first place?
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(November 2, 2011 at 7:24 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote:
(November 2, 2011 at 7:22 am)leo-rcc Wrote: Spousal rape is non-consensual sex in which the perpetrator is the victim's spouse. It is a form of sexual abuse, like partner rape.
Never heard of it.
I mean, if you don't want to sleep with your husband/wife, why not get a divorce in the first place?

It is not a matter of not wanting to sleep with your husband/wife ever, but not just because one of them feels like it. No means no, regardless if one is married or not. Are you being willfully obtuse here?
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Pastafarian
(November 2, 2011 at 7:30 am)leo-rcc Wrote:
(November 2, 2011 at 7:24 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote:
Never heard of it.

It is not a matter of not wanting to sleep with your husband/wife ever, but not just because one of them feels like it. No means no, regardless if one is married or not. Are you being willfully obtuse here?
I'm not, just didn't know such things were really the case and all...
Besides, how is anyone going to prove such a thing anyways?

A dear friend of mine was raped by her Navy MP husband while he was on leave. She sufferers from migraines (& has all of her life) & just wasn't feeling up to it that night. He didn't want to wait. While she couldn't prove the rape occurred, because she waited till he was away from her physically to report it out of fear, she was able to prove abuse due to some threatening emails he had sent her from a Navy PC.

So yes it does happen & yes it's usually hard to prove.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
I mean, why would a husband need to rape his wife?
It just doesn't make sense.
Because a wife might not always want to have sex with her husband, and some husbands think it's their right to demand sex regardless of how she's feeling.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(November 2, 2011 at 8:30 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: Because a wife might not always want to have sex with her husband, and some husbands think it's their right to demand sex regardless of how she's feeling.

Probably. But one should actually figure someone out before getting married to them. It's not like the rape happens all so sudden, is it now?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liz Cheney Says She Was Wrong... Secular Elf 2 318 September 28, 2021 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Cheney challenger admits to statutory rape: Republicans don't care Rev. Rye 39 1919 May 28, 2021 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I love AOC! She nails it on the head! Secular Elf 11 979 March 4, 2020 at 2:39 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Punishment for rape in Turkey? Marry your rapist. Mechaghostman2 2 278 January 23, 2020 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Will I get arrested for wearing this slogan in England? Duty 43 3597 December 19, 2018 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  So Trump can insult a Gold Star family, brag about rape, brag about molesting kids NuclearEnergy 23 4703 May 7, 2017 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: scoobysnack
  Tomi Lahren gets the fascism she deserves. DarkerEnergy 17 3006 March 24, 2017 at 7:41 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  My Republican Senator is NOT coming to town! Instead, she is sending her aides. Jehanne 11 1775 March 5, 2017 at 8:00 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Trump was not wearing translator earpiece during Japan PM speech. The Industrial Atheist 4 1058 February 28, 2017 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: abaris
  At Least She Had The Balls To Speak Out! Minimalist 4 1679 January 26, 2017 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: vorlon13