Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World headed for irreversible climate change in five years, IEA warns
World headed for irreversible climate change in five years, IEA warns
But hey, global warming is a fraud, right? Dodgy

REF: http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/20...sfeed=true
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
RE: World headed for irreversible climate change in five years, IEA warns
If you think for one minute that taxing the planetary populace and BUYING CARBON CREDITS is going to stop Climate Change or make one iota of difference to the global warming from pollution then I feel that you are not looking at the whole issue properly.

Climate change has been "going to happen within the next 20 years" for the past 50 that I am aware of. It is just alarmist media BS and detracts from the real Climate science that plebs like you and me never get to hear about...

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is just "Doomsday religious" propaganda using some science and twisting into bad science.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I was under the impression that actual enforced regulatory limits on emissions would be the only effective protocol for curbing emissions to a lower rate.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(November 10, 2011 at 4:34 am)Moros Synackaon Wrote: I was under the impression that actual enforced regulatory limits on emissions would be the only effective protocol for curbing emissions to a lower rate.

Hadn't worked in 50 years so why should it start now??

Just another IMF grab bag of idiocy perpetrated by governments I am thinking.

Germany has done the "enforced limits on Pollution" and still the cry is "Global Warming!" "Climate Change!" And yet every Oil company on the planet has purchased "Carbon Credits" aka great swathes of the Amazon River Basin and STILL we get this nonsense?? Media hype amigo.

I am sorry to see real science being turned into the 'New Environmental Religion'. "If you don't believe the Doomsayers you are a Global Warming Denier (heretic)!"

Just another polarising piece of propaganda to further fill the money pouches of the charlatans.

I agree the we (as a planet) SHOULD clean up our mess! But I do not see how shifting the blame around and "Buying our way out of it" is going to be any help. And what of the Pacific Garbage Dump?? Hmmm??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Money talks and bullshit walks. It all over, ya may as well enjoy it.
Well, the problem would seem to me Kichi that we're not adjusting in ways that count. Buying credits does dick all. Fitting the vast majority of homes up with alternative energy sources, buying on a local level to reduce pollution from world-wide transportation, and so on just doesn't happen.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(November 10, 2011 at 7:23 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: Well, the problem would seem to me Kichi that we're not adjusting in ways that count. Buying credits does dick all. Fitting the vast majority of homes up with alternative energy sources, buying on a local level to reduce pollution from world-wide transportation, and so on just doesn't happen.

You should see my suburb SQ...wall to wall solar panels feeding back into the grid.

It does happen but there is little incentive to make it happen and when there is it is only for a very short time Angry

Govts are more geared to taxing the populace IMHO than making lasting beneficial policy. As such they THEN can give themselves a payrise of $500,000...I wonder where THAT money came from in a "frugal, responsible budget" ?
Climates change...No biggie.
Cunt
This is what kills me, we're presented with a problem. Rather than directly addressing this problem an entire industry crops up (replete with as much fraud as any other) that does fuck all to deal with the problem. We have engineers that can deal with the Apollo 13 incident, but we can't come up with a way to stop shitting where we eat? I call BS on the human race on this issue..lol. We could do something, we don't want to. I'm not a climate doomsayer, obviously, but I don't see why we have to play a game of brinksmanship with the place we call home.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I don't see it as a problem.
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Supreme Court has just declared combating climate change unconstitutional Rev. Rye 8 1428 July 5, 2022 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Climate Change - Human Extinction Rahn127 29 3742 January 30, 2019 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Organic Molecules Found 400 Light Years From Earth Minimalist 364 54738 August 21, 2017 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Climate Change Science Aractus 19 3587 March 16, 2014 at 1:22 am
Last Post: Aractus
  What's 700 Million Years Among Friends? Minimalist 15 3492 September 27, 2013 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Searching4truth
  President Obama's Climate Change Speech Cato 6 2208 June 26, 2013 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  Will we witness the transition from a type 0 to a type I civilization in 100 years? L.A.F. 29 8531 June 6, 2013 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Walking Void
  Environmentalism and Climate Change KichigaiNeko 19 7631 August 4, 2012 at 12:35 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  NCSE's Climate Change Education Page Justtristo 2 1228 June 3, 2012 at 6:29 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Climate catastrophe isn't so certain Welsh cake 74 34083 May 22, 2012 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: orogenicman