Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Occupy wallstreet demands
Occupy wallstreet demands
Disclaimer: I'm in no way some sort of a libertarian or anyone who supports aggressive capitalism, nor complete free capital, and etc. and etc.
However, I think that things need to be thought out with a bit more common sense. People tend to actually demonize the wallstreet guys, however, they're not at fault if the system is faulty. Admit it, you'd love to be rich. And since not everyone can be rich, someone has to be less rich than the other one.

I've made it my task to analyze some of the demands made by wall street occupants(here), and how they qualify to be a demand that can be realized(by the wall street corporations).

Quote:Ending wealth inequality is our one demand.
I'd say that they're demanding it from the wrong person(s).
The corporates or whomever are stationed in wall street are not really the one to end wealth inequality.
Besides, what exactly is "wealth inequality"?
Do you mean like, if someone is born as the son of Bill Gates, and someone is born as the son of some plumber, they both ought to have the same amount of wealth?

In each case, the place you should occupy is the white house, not wall street.
Quote:Ending corporate censorship is our one demand.
This goes hand to hand with ending corruption. If the government and it's agencies are unwilling to end it, it won't.
Quote:Ending political corruption is our one demand.
Politics is all about corruption. Simply do not vote.
Quote:Ending joblessness is our one demand.
This is hard....The service sector is absorbing people ever since automation hit the scene, and whatever that isn't done by machines, is done by manual labour in china.

So what do you propose? The current American system allow the government not to open any state owned factories or places where they can employ people. So you have to turn to the private corporations to work, the ones that you protest.
Quote:Ending poverty is our one demand.
Worldwide, or countrywide?
Quote:Ending health-profiteering is our one demand.
For that, you need to change the whole healthcare system of the USA, and regulate taxes according to it.

Quote:Ending American imperialism is our one demand.
Well, that surely would be nice. However, even the common folk in the USA reaps the fruits of American imperialism abroad.

[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands
They correctly understand that money controls the government, Mehmet. It has always been so everywhere, of course, but in the US in the last 30 it has reached the point of critical mass.
Read this is a book today, and sounds very familiar to what we are experiencing with the OWS wanting change.

As a consequence of the enormous social and technological
changes of the last few centuries, the world is not working
well. We do not live in traditional and static societies. But our
governments, in resisting change, act as if we did. Unless we
destroy ourselves utterly, the future belongs to those societies
that,while not ignoring the reptilian and mammalian parts of our
being, enable the characteristically human components of our
nature to flourish; to those societies that encourage diversity
rather than conformity; to those societies willing to invest
resources in a variety of social, political, economic and cultural
experiments, and prepared to sacrifice short-term advantage
for long-term benefit; to those societies that treat new ideas as
delicate, fragile and immensely valuable pathways to the future.
(November 18, 2011 at 12:27 pm)Minimalist Wrote: They correctly understand that money controls the government, Mehmet. It has always been so everywhere, of course, but in the US in the last 30 it has reached the point of critical mass.

Well, if it did indeed reached a critical point, as you say it, it is not due to the corporations, no, as they only do things that they deem fit for their survival. But how about the common man, like the guys at OWS. They don't protest the materialistic and cosmopolitan worldview that the US citizens describe as "the American dream", they are, from what I understand, just wondering why they have no luxury cars like the rich people that run Wall Street. Or maybe they're wondering why those people are not as miserable(by western standards, no less) as they are.
What exactly are they protesting, and what exactly do they want?
Quote:Read this is a book today, and sounds very familiar to what we are experiencing with the OWS wanting change.
Well, in which ways would you like the government to move?
Can you give me an example from around the world from which you will model your future for America?
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Quote:no, as they only do things that they deem fit for their survival.

You've really got to stop deluding yourself.
(November 18, 2011 at 9:10 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:no, as they only do things that they deem fit for their survival.

You've really got to stop deluding yourself.
Then tell me where exactly I am delving in delusions as you say.
Companies cannot be expected to behave otherwise.
They are responsible for supporting every candidate you ever vote for in your elections.
In return, they get favours.

They lobby the government to find their way. Of course, a company only answers to the law, and how well they can bend and twist it.
What exactly do you expect? The people in the US actually vote only to have their selfish desires fulfilled by the government.
Nothing more.
Nothing less.
So why would you expect anything less from the private sector?
You have completely misunderstood OWS if you think it is about luxury cars, kilic.
(November 19, 2011 at 1:35 am)Shell B Wrote: You have completely misunderstood OWS if you think it is about luxury cars, kilic.

You're dwelling on single words amongst the whole, Shelly.
I'm not stating it's about luxury cars or whatsoever. I'm stating that the people there claim that they are "underpriviliged", or poor, unable to afford whatever they claim the rich have.
So, they propose....What?
(November 19, 2011 at 6:37 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote:
(November 19, 2011 at 1:35 am)Shell B Wrote: You have completely misunderstood OWS if you think it is about luxury cars, kilic.

I'm not stating it's about luxury cars or whatsoever. I'm stating that the people there claim that they are "underpriviliged", or poor, unable to afford whatever they claim the rich have.

I don't think it is so much a "revolution" as people who are just fed up with the way banks etc can fuck so badly, destroy the lives of thousands who are just trying to get along in life and then are pretty much rewarded by the government for doing so.

[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(November 19, 2011 at 6:51 am)Zen Badger Wrote:
(November 19, 2011 at 6:37 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote:

I don't think it is so much a "revolution" as people who are just fed up with the way banks etc can fuck so badly, destroy the lives of thousands who are just trying to get along in life and then are pretty much rewarded by the government for doing so.
The banks, yes the banks. Well, it was them who fucked up things, however there is no way that they can do anything but loan money.
Besides, leaving the banks to rot is not a solution.
It's just how your system works. It needs to sustain itself.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  occupy wall street nintendo048 23 5825 March 31, 2014 at 10:28 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Russian forces occupy the Crimea. Mr. Moncrieff 131 16161 March 20, 2014 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Democracy, religion, women and equality. Justice demands affirmative action. Greatest I am 11 7483 January 27, 2012 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Pagan/Wiccan police ask for tolerance at Occupy protests. Anymouse 0 1339 November 29, 2011 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: Anymouse
  Fox news smears occupy protestor reverendjeremiah 29 6354 November 28, 2011 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Tear gas fired at occupy Oakland. reverendjeremiah 5 1201 October 28, 2011 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Occupy Wall Street searchingforanswers 91 18187 October 13, 2011 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Occupy Wall Street Fail thesummerqueen 15 3257 October 3, 2011 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious