Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agnostic Atheism? Your opinions..
I don't have a problem with it, It just doesn't fit right with me. Maybe i'm being biased
[Image: 2mng3dz.png]
RE: Agnostic Atheism? Your opinions..
An agnostic atheist is one who lacks belief in god but also admits that he/she does not or cannot know whether a god exists or not. Which happens to be my stance. Tongue
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Mine too. Only logical position one can take, given the nature of knowledge, our own fallibility, and the evidence at hand.
And me, can't rule out a 'god' completely as we do not know, but as I don't know, anything, I tak the stance of agnostic atheist 6/7z
I also consider myself an agnostic atheist. It's impossible for me to know if there are gods because there isn't any evidence whatsoever to confirm it either way. Because of that, I don't believe in any gods.

Certainly if there is a "god" or intelligent first cause to the universe then so what.It won't be the Christian god and will so far beyond our comprehension that worshipping it would be an utter waste of time. It certainly wouldn't be aware of us as individuals if at all.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
I am what you consider a gnostic or strong atheist, in that I know god/s do not exist. Because the existence of any kind of deity can be tested scientifically (god hypothesis) and that hypothesis would be rejected. I came to this position after reading Victor Stenger (In particular his book God The Failed Hypothesis). A book which in my opinion is much superior than The God Delusion.

I dont knock those who are agnostic atheists, however I just go a little step further that is all.
undefined
I would probably class myself as an agnostic atheist... I won't dismiss anything absolutely 100%

If people didn't think like that then where would modern science be today?
Cunt
Agnostic atheism is superfluous to me. How could anyone be 100% sure?
(November 21, 2011 at 9:06 am)Justtristo Wrote: I am what you consider a gnostic or strong atheist, in that I know god/s do not exist. Because the existence of any kind of deity can be tested scientifically (god hypothesis) and that hypothesis would be rejected. I came to this position after reading Victor Stenger (In particular his book God The Failed Hypothesis). A book which in my opinion is much superior than The God Delusion.

I dont knock those who are agnostic atheists, however I just go a little step further that is all.

Exactly. Many atheists are frightened to claim to "know" there is no god, even though it's absolutely obvious there is no god. They'd rather err on the side of caution so they have the upper hand in debate, and some maybe genuinely can't be sure and won't commit to sureity based on scientific principle, which is understandable.

However, the way I look at it, is if theists can know god exists then atheists can take the contrary position and know no god, and at least the atheist has a valid reason to claim to know there is no god - NO EVIDENCE = NO GOD!
You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Opinions on the controversial Stefan Molyneux? Endo 8 1867 July 25, 2014 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Violet
  The opinions of others BrokenQuill92 7 2338 January 9, 2014 at 6:31 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  Not Using "Agnostic" Anymore rexbeccarox 30 6775 February 27, 2013 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Nobody
  Agnostic Atheism? Your opinions thread's landfill dtango 115 33594 February 27, 2013 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh
Question Your Opinions! ib.me.ub 23 7732 June 12, 2010 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Purple Rabbit