Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Real Story of Christmas
The Real Story of Christmas
The History Channel special which will piss off xtians no end.

Complete in 5 parts from Youtube.

Learn what they stole and who they stole it from - and learn what is mere invention to make a buck.
RE: The Real Story of Christmas
I can't wait to watch this. I wish I could right now, but I am watching Special Agent Oso with a 2 year old who took a late, tryptophan-induced nap, and is now wide awake.

I do love a good exposing of plagiarism! I'll have to watch it tomorrow. Thanks for posting this.

Alei, three special steps, that's all you need. Three special steps, then you'll succeed.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Cheers, Rhythm; now I'll have that song bouncing round in my head all day. Wink

With regards to the xmas story and all that, I've always liked popular YouTube atheist AronRa's response to that silly thing of 'the real reason for the season' - "Axial tilt."
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
The reason for christmas is that this time of year would be bloody depressing wihout it.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(November 26, 2011 at 6:27 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: The reason for christmas is that this time of year would be bloody depressing wihout it.

Well,Dec 25 is the beginning of SUMMER here. Xmas day is usually around 90F ,but can get to 100F.

We usually have Xmas lunch al fresco,with perhaps the turkey done over charcoal on the Weber. Lots of salads and cold meats,such as ham, corned hogget and pickled pork. Plus a bucket of prawns (shrimp)

In this state,the temperature rarely reaches freezing and it does not snow,ever.(well ,the last time I saw snow here was in about 1953 in the hills,A HUGE patch,must have been, oh a full six feet across) Tiger
Quote:Well,Dec 25 is the beginning of SUMMER here.

Fair point, Pad. The Holy Babble wasn't written with Australia in mind!
(November 25, 2011 at 2:00 am)Minimalist Wrote: The History Channel special which will piss off xtians no end.

Complete in 5 parts from Youtube.

Thanks sir good movie.
I'll watch time to empty. I need free time to fully understand.
Christians don't like to be reminded that they celebrate a Pagan event. Not a Christian one. Oh how the truth hurts. Tongue
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(November 27, 2011 at 2:00 am)Minimalist Wrote: Fair point, Pad. The Holy Babble wasn't written with Australia in mind!

As evidenced by the strange lack of marsupials in the litany of created things.

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Here's my story, sad but true WinterHold 50 3373 August 13, 2023 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Betty White a "Password" story. Brian37 12 1272 October 11, 2021 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: no one
  Official Christmas Music Thread Foxaèr 46 2541 January 4, 2021 at 6:09 am
Last Post: rado84
  Doctor Who Christmas special 2017 pocaracas 20 3187 November 21, 2017 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Bill Maher - Trump Christmas Carol Minimalist 1 404 November 18, 2017 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  American Horror Story S06 Foxaèr 20 1839 October 8, 2016 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Athene
Heart The story of Sarah and Juan Catholic_Lady 5 793 April 29, 2016 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" teaser trailer released Aegon 20 2612 April 11, 2016 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  New Christmas song by my cousin! robvalue 1 1224 December 2, 2015 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  This story is being shared on Facebook, et al Easy Guns 27 4819 November 12, 2015 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: Easy Guns