Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Love This!
Smile 
I Love This!
http://apnews.excite.com/article/2011113...BG6O1.html

Quote:SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - A Utah bird hunter was shot in the buttocks after his dog stepped on a shotgun laid across the bow of a boat.

Box Elder County Sheriff's Deputy Kevin Potter says the 46-year-old Brigham City man was duck hunting with a friend when he climbed out of the boat to move decoys.

Potter says the man left his 12-gauge shotgun in the boat and the dog stepped on it, causing it to fire.
Big Grin
RE: I Love This!
DOH!
[Image: Evolution.png]

That's why you always put the safety on when you lay your gun down.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(December 1, 2011 at 7:21 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: That's why you always put the safety on when you lay your gun down.

Or more correctly, that's why you leave the safety on until you're ready to shoot something.

For what it's worth, in my NRA hunter safety education (circa 1977), we were instructed to unload a firearm before setting it down to cross a fence, get in or out of a boat, etc.

I feel for the guy with the trigger-happy dog, but he really brought it on himself.
Only in the buttocks? What a pity. With that kind of gun safety,it should have been his stupid head. Probably too late; at 46,he's probably already inflicted offspring on humanity. Tiger
(December 1, 2011 at 7:21 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: That's why you always put the safety on when you lay your gun down.

It's Utah. He's probably a mormon. Must have figured his magic underwear would protect him.

He's actually not at all unusual. That's why civilians with guns scare the crap out of me and why I can't get my head around the US' loopy gun culture.Confusedhock:
People are real quick to yammer on about their "rights," Pad. They are a lot more reluctant to talk about their "responsibilities."
(December 1, 2011 at 9:35 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

It's Utah. He's probably a mormon. Must have figured his magic underwear would protect him.

OMG! ROFLOL
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
There ought to more dogs like this.
(December 1, 2011 at 9:21 pm)padraic Wrote: Only in the buttocks? What a pity. With that kind of gun safety,it should have been his stupid head. Probably too late; at 46,he's probably already inflicted offspring on humanity. Tiger

Perhaps he would redeem himself by bequeathing his boat, his decoy, his gun and his dog to his progeny.