Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vertical Forest
Vertical Forest
http://www.stefanoboeriarchitetti.net/?p=207

[Image: 01-Bosco-verticale.jpg]
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Vertical Forest
Vertical agriculture.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGE4JqqFwgMGfp2dbda0i...ey94BMAo6Q]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_Doc7QvLFRCohsM9xdww...d_6kid5c3Q]
Sadly this is how far along we are in actuality. (Still awesome)
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZG_JNB9PPZII4X4Smyp_...CseMNVuxrw]
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Been reading The Vertical Farm, so you and I need to have a vid date and go over some stuff, a chuisle
Yep. That is the future. We discussed those in my environmental bio class. Smile
That will never hold up in court...
Pretty cool.

I can’t read the legend for what the plants are, any fruits, nuts, herbs or olives in all that greenery?

Also, where’s Rhythm’s tilapia tanks in the irrigation system?
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Those that propose this sort of agriculture don't necessarily have the sorts of market concerns I might. They'd be pumping 100%, pure, petrochem fertility through this puppy to minimize risk to the system. My pet is all about big pipes and simple pumps, you won't get 30 floors of goodness operating like that. Smile
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
http://m.inhabitat.com/extraordinary-off...-to-build/

http://www.simondale.net/house/index.htm

I can't remember if I posted this. Less vertical, still cool.

[Image: front.jpg]

Looks like cob with a living roof. I'm obsessed with that sort of house btw, absolutely obsessed. Used to hit up workshops.
monolithic dome?
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Pretty sloppy dome though eh? I've seen some squared away earthbag domes. There's a guy who makes a decent amount of coin from cob homes over in the UK, can't remember his name for the life of me. They can be nice, not just hobbit houses.
(more in line with what we're used to, that is)

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjIYPr4L5eMUDz1UirkLw...0r4hE2ds1e]

It's always been a dream of mine to build my own house. I framed a ton of fartboxes in Florida during the bubble, I'd like to try my hand at something a little nicer, and more personal.
(you know, integrated planter boxes, gun ports, and a big "Get your god off my lawn" billboard...lol)