Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Democracy is a threat to America!!
Democracy is a threat to America!!
Sen. McConnell Claims Electing The President By Popular Vote Is A ‘Genuine Threat To Our Country’

I can't even tell you guys how much this guy infuriates me. I can't even hear his wimpy turtle speach without getting sick to my stomach.

Think Progress Wrote:Rather than embracing the NPV as a way to solidify the Constitution’s guarantee of “one man, one vote,” McConnell lambasted the plan, calling it a “genuine threat to our country.” Though McConnell admitted that the notion of a popular presidential vote where the candidate who receives the most votes wins is “appealing,” he called the idea “absurd and dangerous.”
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Social democracy in Europe without 5 minutes Interaktive 1 594 January 3, 2023 at 4:55 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Whats your view on Threat Actors Woah0 12 910 August 29, 2022 at 8:57 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  At what point is America no longer a safe place for me to live? TaraJo 41 3945 July 16, 2022 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  America. Worse than North Korea. deepend 195 7591 March 26, 2022 at 2:05 pm
  Real democracy Macoleco 23 1218 March 17, 2022 at 9:06 am
  The Future of Democracy JairCrawford 49 3158 March 11, 2022 at 11:59 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Can America ever truly pay for its sins? T.J. 111 7442 January 10, 2022 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Ayn Rand blamed for current state of America Foxaèr 61 3141 June 24, 2021 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: no one
  The Republican America Foxaèr 19 1155 November 23, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Make America Nice Again Secular Elf 53 3854 November 9, 2020 at 6:20 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4