Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:13 am

Poll: Will SUSY die today?
This poll is closed.
Yes
16.67%
1 16.67%
No
33.33%
2 33.33%
Who?
50.00%
3 50.00%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will SUSY die today?
Will SUSY die today?
Bigwigs at CERN scheduled to pontificate on the year's run at LHC this afternoon. 40 years after, string theory may get its unraveling this day. It's a long shot that they will actually close the door on SUSY, but there has been some rumors floating around; after forming my own Pure Number hypothesis (blue-sky, but not based on pseudoscience) last year I've been cheering for the end of stringiness.

[Image: twQdxWW.jpg]
RE: Will SUSY die today?
What is SUSY?
You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

Supersymmetry. Remember the neutralino? One should have popped out of the works by now. SUSY got popularized as a kind of alternative to string theory when actually it's a key element of stringiness.
[Image: twQdxWW.jpg]
(December 12, 2011 at 5:42 am)Norfolk And Chance Wrote: What is SUSY?

SUperSYmmetry
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
It won't die, unfortunately. Its proponents are going to hang in, regardless.
(December 12, 2011 at 4:11 pm)little_monkey Wrote: It won't die, unfortunately. Its proponents are going to hang in, regardless.

This.

FFS, steady-state cosmology isn't dead, but ought to be.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leap second to happen today. Jehanne 20 1912 December 31, 2016 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  [TODAY 7:30pm EST] The Existence of Nothing: A Debate [Live Stream] pocaracas 3 1775 March 22, 2013 at 12:53 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  SUSY in hospital? Cyberman 6 1314 November 13, 2012 at 4:53 am
Last Post: Angrboda