Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christianity and the 10 Commandments
RE: Christianity and the 10 Commandments
(February 23, 2012 at 9:48 am)chipan Wrote: Mt St Helens formed 100 foot cliffs in a matter of hours. It had layers and everything.

And the white cliffs of dover exist because trillions of sea living coccolithophores drowned in the flood simultaneously?
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
(February 23, 2012 at 11:21 am)NoMoreFaith Wrote:
(February 23, 2012 at 9:48 am)chipan Wrote: Mt St Helens formed 100 foot cliffs in a matter of hours. It had layers and everything.

And the white cliffs of dover exist because trillions of sea living coccolithophores drowned in the flood simultaneously?

Is he really that dumb he thinks the Earth is fully represented by the tiny geological formation of a few cliffs because of a volcano? Makes me wonder how the fucker remembers to breath.
(February 23, 2012 at 9:48 am)chipan Wrote: Ok so I will try posting some scientific facts. Evolution is often based on regular event. It often doesn't take bigger events into account. Example, cliffs which have layers were formed a little at a time for millions of years. It's very possible for them to form very quickly. Mt St Helens formed 100 foot cliffs in a matter of hours. It had layers and everything.

That is a straight up lie, please cite your source. Evolution is not based on geology only, but it takes into account events as volcanoes. The nature of the volcanic activity, shows layers of solidified lava, then pyroclastic particles. Your claim makes a mockery of Geology, and all the hard work done to understand its field. You are a liar, because you perfectly know you didn't get any proper education on geology at all, you have seen it in a creationist site, proof? Give me your source!

PS- OrogenicMan would have alot of fun with you on this subject.
You have to argue your evidence in? You argue for your conclusions, you don't bicker about what is or is not evidence. No special considerations will be given. Your evidence must stand up to the same scrutiny that all other evidence stands up to. There will be no "paranoid conspiracy theorist classification" of evidence. Creation rags are not science, they are political organs.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 22, 2012 at 3:33 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(February 22, 2012 at 1:04 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:I've never claimed the earth is 6000 years old and have stated it could be 50,0000.

I can't keep track of all of your silly claims...and they are legion.

BTW, are you trying to say 50,000 or 500,000 ( oh what a difference a little comma makes) which would be an improvement but still incredibly wrong.

Sorry one to many zeros.

Actually, far too few.

So the creationists aren't going to like you either. Must be lonely?
Jeez Louise, this age of the Earth/Universe stuff was settled decades ago, by dedicated individuals who actually got off their arses and did the work. Someone really needs to put together a pic of Einstein, Hubble, Lemaître, Herman, Alpher, Bethe, Gamow etc indulging in a group facepalm.

Creationism: more than sixty years out of date and still falling.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(February 23, 2012 at 1:40 pm)Rhythm Wrote: You have to argue your evidence in? You argue for your conclusions, you don't bicker about what is or is not evidence. No special considerations will be given. Your evidence must stand up to the same scrutiny that all other evidence stands up to. There will be no "paranoid conspiracy theorist classification" of evidence. Creation rags are not science, they are political organs.

I am not going to play in this double standard game. A geologists can say that cliff took millions of years to form based on nothing but observation but when someone walks around and says that took days to form all the scientist does is ridicule. The only reason those cliffs form Mt St Helens isn't guessed to have formed gradually is because they saw it happen. Otherwise they would say "oh look a cliff, that's a gradual process." I made a prediction that I would present evedince that these long processes can be shortened and all I got was "no." if that's the case nothing I say can change your minds because you are not open to new ideas. This process happened therefore it's plausable.
Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

-4th verse of the american national anthem
(February 23, 2012 at 7:19 pm)chipan Wrote: This process happened therefore it's plausable.

Wow, you learned a new word. Now learn probable.
(February 23, 2012 at 9:29 pm)Phil Wrote:
(February 23, 2012 at 7:19 pm)chipan Wrote: This process happened therefore it's plausable.

Wow, you learned a new word. Now learn probable.

Well you can choose to believe what you want but you can't say gradual process is most likely because there is no other plausable answer when there actually is.
Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

-4th verse of the american national anthem
(February 23, 2012 at 7:19 pm)chipan Wrote:
(February 23, 2012 at 1:40 pm)Rhythm Wrote: You have to argue your evidence in? You argue for your conclusions, you don't bicker about what is or is not evidence. No special considerations will be given. Your evidence must stand up to the same scrutiny that all other evidence stands up to. There will be no "paranoid conspiracy theorist classification" of evidence. Creation rags are not science, they are political organs.

I am not going to play in this double standard game. A geologists can say that cliff took millions of years to form based on nothing but observation but when someone walks around and says that took days to form all the scientist does is ridicule. The only reason those cliffs form Mt St Helens isn't guessed to have formed gradually is because they saw it happen. Otherwise they would say "oh look a cliff, that's a gradual process." I made a prediction that I would present evedince that these long processes can be shortened and all I got was "no." if that's the case nothing I say can change your minds because you are not open to new ideas. This process happened therefore it's plausable.

The Mt St Helens cliffs were formed when water cut through thick layers of soft fresh ash deposited by the eruption. It might as well have been sand.
There is a huge difference between that and something like granite which takes millions of years to erode the same amount.

[Image: P5096346.JPG]

Next?
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Council of Nicaea: when Christianity was deformed and Jesus named son of God. WinterHold 50 3890 September 19, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Satanic Temple’s Seven Tenets Are Morally Superior To Ten Commandments Smedders 0 502 December 29, 2019 at 6:33 am
Last Post: Smedders
  Discrimination, oppression, and the War on Christianity Losty 124 11142 July 27, 2019 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Evolution and Christianity and Salvation mrj 255 19301 March 14, 2019 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The connection between Christianity and Capitalism Cecelia 43 4480 August 22, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  I'm sick and tired of Christianity Der/die AtheistIn 73 10272 December 29, 2017 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Christianity And Peace Der/die AtheistIn 12 2790 July 22, 2017 at 1:00 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Christianity and Suicide Der/die AtheistIn 186 38799 July 22, 2017 at 12:53 am
Last Post: Astonished
  are there different versions of the 10 commandments ? yampampuza 31 10151 April 21, 2017 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Black people and christianity rado84 40 6802 February 1, 2017 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus