Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mass Effect 3 Countdown.
RE: Mass Effect 3 Countdown.
Quote: Paying for cosmetic DLC is fine as it doesn't affect the gameplay, buying DLC where the game gets so unbalanced and therefore way too easy is something that already doesn't sit right with me, but this is just moneygrabbing for the sake of moneygrabbing.

This is a general statement about the status of DLC's at the moment, I am not saying this DLC is that. I did not say this DLC will alter the balance of the game but there are definitely DLC's out there that do. Even worse, you buy DLC for one game and it creates a bonus in another game. However, this is a trend, one that EA has tried before in the past and had to recant, and that you fall for this and are willing to pay more for less content doesn't mean others should follow suit.

It is important to distinguish between From Ashes and the business model represented by Mass Effect 2's early DLC. Cerberus Network content like extra party member Zaeed Massani was freely available to those who had purchased the game new, smartly helping to protect against second-hand sales losses. On the other hand, From Ashes will not be provided to all paying customers; accessing this day-1 content will require separate purchase for $10 or acquisition of the Collector's or Digital Deluxe Edition. The Protheon companion was present in the leaked script back in November, which suggests that it was always planned as part of the main game.

Quote:The people who will be supposedly 'boycotting' this are fools. If they want to miss out on one of the greatest gaming experiences going then they can be my guest, but frankly the reasons they are doing so are stupid. I'd gladly pay twice as much for this game than half the other crap on the gaming market today regardless.

That basically means thet you will allow companies like Bioware and specially EA to screw you over by selling you a glorified demo of the game and bleeding you dry for unlockable content. If that is the way you want to go that is fine by me, but I am not one of those people.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(February 24, 2012 at 4:55 am)leo-rcc Wrote: That basically means thet you will allow companies like Bioware and specially EA to screw you over by selling you a glorified demo of the game and bleeding you dry for unlockable content. If that is the way you want to go that is fine by me, but I am not one of those people.

I couldn't disagree more.
That and 1,60 euro gets me a coffee at McDonalds.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I enjoy DLC, The mass effect DLC is a free gift with the collectors edition. You Don't have to buy it you know. You will still have the entire game to play.

(February 23, 2012 at 3:46 pm)Napoleon Wrote:
(February 23, 2012 at 3:40 pm)lilkanyon Wrote: Skyrim didn't touch ME2 for me.

I hate to say it, but Skyrim is almost as repackaged as call of duty. It is to me, for all intents and purposes, Oblivion version 2. After playing so many hours of Fallout as well, the game just feels so old and dated to me.

I feel exactly the same way, Skyrim became a huge let down for me. I thought it was great untill i got my hands on Dark Souls. Now that, That was awesome
I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see.
Jimi Hendrix

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
Kurt Cobain
(February 25, 2012 at 6:34 am)thebigfudge Wrote: I enjoy DLC, The mass effect DLC is a free gift with the collectors edition. You Don't have to buy it you know. You will still have the entire game to play.

This.

(February 23, 2012 at 3:46 pm)Napoleon Wrote: I feel exactly the same way, Skyrim became a huge let down for me. I thought it was great untill i got my hands on Dark Souls. Now that, That was awesome

I wasn't really let down by Skyrim. I mean I knew what I was going to get when I bought it, if you take the game on its own then it is a brilliant game. However for me, I feel like I've been playing it for 5 years already. I have absolutely no desire to carry on with that game.
has anyone played the demo ? It was pretty amazing. looks like its going to be emotional
I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see.
Jimi Hendrix

Kurt Cobain
(February 25, 2012 at 6:34 am)thebigfudge Wrote: I enjoy DLC, The mass effect DLC is a free gift with the collectors edition. You Don't have to buy it you know. You will still have the entire game to play.
That's just it, it is getting more and more apparent that this DLC used to be part of the main game, therefore chopping it out and charging extra for this DLC is just a dick move. Apart from that, it is a figure that is part of the ME lore for crying out loud, how anyone can argue that is not relevant to the main game is beyond me.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Pastafarian
(February 25, 2012 at 10:31 am)leo-rcc Wrote:
That's just it, it is getting more and more apparent that this DLC used to be part of the main game, therefore chopping it out and charging extra for this DLC is just a dick move. Apart from that, it is a figure that is part of the ME lore for crying out loud, how anyone can argue that is not relevant to the main game is beyond me.

BIoware has came out and said that this DLC was made after the game had finished and by a different team.
http://www.gamesradar.com/bioware-explai...aunch-dlc/
Jimi Hendrix

Kurt Cobain
(February 25, 2012 at 10:34 am)thebigfudge Wrote: BIoware has came out and said that this DLC was made after the game had finished and by a different team.

If that is the case that makes it at least a bit more palpable, but it still is not winning any beauty awards. I still see this as setting a bad trend, and I hope Bioware looks long and hard at the way this is received.
Had this DLC been released in the same way as DLC has been handled by the likes of Rockstar and Ubisoft, there would not have been such an uproar over this. DLC is not a problem if done right, this was not done right.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Pastafarian
(February 25, 2012 at 10:49 am)leo-rcc Wrote:
(February 25, 2012 at 10:34 am)thebigfudge Wrote: BIoware has came out and said that this DLC was made after the game had finished and by a different team.

If that is the case that makes it at least a bit more palpable, but it still is not winning any beauty awards. I still see this as setting a bad trend, and I hope Bioware looks long and hard at the way this is received.
Had this DLC been released in the same way as DLC has been handled by the likes of Rockstar and Ubisoft, there would not have been such an uproar over this. DLC is not a problem if done right, this was not done right.

I do agree. I guess i don't mind as much as the collectors edition was basically free for me,( money I saved up on a game card)
Hopefully they learn from this and go back to the cerberus network which I thought was great DLC wise
Jimi Hendrix

Kurt Cobain

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video New Mass Effect announced! Napoléon 29 3168 June 21, 2015 at 10:02 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Ever notice how Mass Effect 1 character does that Sigurd2 12 2002 January 14, 2015 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Mass Effect 3's ending Creed of Heresy 1 1078 November 30, 2012 at 8:46 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  Mass Effect 3 demo thebigfudge 2 1182 March 6, 2012 at 4:35 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  Skyrim Countdown R-e-n-n-a-t 183 53047 January 17, 2012 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn
  Mass Effect 1 & 2 KawaiiKoneko 10 3135 January 11, 2012 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: R-e-n-n-a-t