Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Accent Tag! You're It.
Accent Tag! You're It.
Since many of us have discussed our accents, I thought I would make an accent tag video. I am hoping others here will do this too, as I think it would be a lot of fun to hear everyone's unique accents. If not, feel free to make hilarious little comments about mine.

Big Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMAGCj1aVmQ

State your username and where you're from.

Pronounce the following words: Aunt, Roof, Route, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Pajamas, Caught, Naturally, Aluminium, Crackerjack, Doorknob, Envelope, syrup, crayon, farther, schedule, fought, house, phase, Illinois, coffee, school, many, dreamt, douchebag, millionaire, sure, data, oil, toilet, spitting image.

What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
What is a bubbly carbonated drink called?
What do you call gym shoes?
What do you call your grandparents?
What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
What do you say to address a group of people?
What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
Choose a book and read a passage from it.
Be a wizard or a vampire?
Do you think you have an accent?

RE: Accent Tag! You're It.
hahaha oh god I lost it when you said 'douchebag' Big Grin This is a really great idea.
rofl, I can't watch this till I get home much later tonight, but I can't fuckin' wait.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Great idea... Remind me to do this later and teach you all how to speak properly :p
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Accent Tag! You're It.
I'll refrain since I have a voice like a bucket of gravel.
Kichi on the other hand has a voice like honey being poured in your ears.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Here is how you should pronounce them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyEjXCyFDFE
My way of pronouncing words is technically no accent I guess...I'm no native speaker so I generally pronounce words the way I'd pronounce them in my own regional Turkish accent, although I can imitate other accents aswell, I prefer not to do so, so people don't think I'm pretentious.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(March 12, 2012 at 8:15 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: rofl, I can't watch this till I get home much later tonight, but I can't fuckin' wait.

When I played it back to myself, I was blown away by how backwoods I sound. It was... alarming.

(March 12, 2012 at 9:38 am)Tiberius Wrote: Here is how you should pronounce them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyEjXCyFDFE

It's private.

Sad

Fixed. Don't know how that happened :S
If I have free time later then I may have a go at this.
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheist Forum Accent Tag: Round 3!! Clueless Morgan 98 7899 November 28, 2018 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Atheist Forums Accent Tag! Round 2 Napoléon 845 121725 October 1, 2018 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Ask me questions for my next accent tag Foxaèr 6 1092 July 23, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: brewer
Tongue AF.org Q&A Tag! SteelCurtain 48 8545 February 22, 2017 at 3:42 am
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  Pandemoniac Pronunciation Parapaxis Tag Shell B 61 11381 December 4, 2012 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: jots