Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We should take the Moral Highground
We should take the Moral Highground

Well I agree, for to long the Religious have claimed the moral high ground and now we should as there more immoral and we are better then the religious and we don't have God.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: We should take the Moral Highground
Thing is we don't "have to " take the moral high ground....we do this as a matter of course. Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(April 1, 2012 at 7:50 am)Gooders1002 Wrote: we are better then the religious and we have God.

We have god???????????????
(April 1, 2012 at 9:08 am)Phil Wrote:
(April 1, 2012 at 7:50 am)Gooders1002 Wrote: we are better then the religious and we have God.

sorry typo We don't have God. Somebody fix that please.

there fixed it.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
You just did I think mate Thumb up
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(April 1, 2012 at 9:26 am)Gooders1002 Wrote:

there fixed it.

But your quote is there and going to remain forever. How much you gonna pay me not to put it in a large red scrolling marquee and then promote it on Google and Yahoo and possibly a shout on Facebook?
(April 1, 2012 at 9:31 am)Phil Wrote:
(April 1, 2012 at 9:26 am)Gooders1002 Wrote:

there fixed it.

But your quote is there and going to remain forever. How much you gonna pay me not to put it in a large red scrolling marquee and then promote it on Google and Yahoo and possibly a shout on Facebook?

How about I let you live??Devil In all seriousness It was a simple Typo give me a break. Now back to the main topic.
Atheists will always have the moral highground. We aren't condemning 99% of the population ever to exist to burn in hell for eternity.
Thinking Though having them shot for SHEER stupidity IS rather tempting. Tongue
Why waste all that good organic matter...an religion has shown us the way. Great
Penn Jillette seems to be an entertaining magician. However, he suck as a philosopher and logician. Angry

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My take on one of the arguments about omnipotence ShinyCrystals 9 675 September 4, 2023 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Conscience and the Moral Argument as Evidence for the Goodness of God. Nishant Xavier 162 7390 July 9, 2023 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Moral universalism and theism Interaktive 20 1754 May 6, 2022 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Don't take it personally. Mystic 83 7087 October 16, 2018 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Religion stifles Moral Evolution Cecelia 107 14831 December 4, 2017 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  Does religion expose the shortcomings of empathy based moral systems henryp 19 2353 December 2, 2017 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: henryp
  What godly miracle would it take? Astonished 48 14419 October 8, 2017 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Creationist Moral Panic Amarok 15 5570 June 13, 2017 at 10:42 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
Question How Much Evidence Will It Take You To Believe In God??? Edward John 370 37908 November 16, 2016 at 4:03 am
Last Post: robvalue
  The Moral Argument for God athrock 211 36531 December 24, 2015 at 4:53 am
Last Post: robvalue