Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Objections to the April Fools Day prank.
Objections to the April Fools Day prank.
This thread is for the discussion of the objections to the April Fools Day prank on 1/4/2012.

Be respectful. No flaming. No insulting each other for disagreeing with you. Be nice, we all have opinions.

Edit: This is an extension of the latter part of this thread, which was started as a joke, and then got out of hand.
RE: Objections to the April Fools Day prank.
[Image: aW0jx.jpg]
Could I please find out what "warnings" are and how exactly I will know when I have received one? Is there any procedures I and others should be aware of? I believe I just got my first one at the end of the recently locked thread. Have there been others? Just curious.

(I ask because I see my "warning level" beside my avatar is unchanged.)
From the previous thread:

(April 3, 2012 at 12:26 pm)whateverist Wrote: Go troll yourself.

Blueprint for being Shell: Do all sorts of unconscious nasty stuff. Deny any such intention. Get outraged when anyone presumes to analyze your motives. Strike out in rage.

I don't want to play with you any more. You are disrespectful.
I can assure you that the only intention of Shell's troll was to create a love triangle between Shell, the troll, and I. If I have to, I can post the discussion we had in the staff forum about it. She got outraged because the analysis of her motives was completely false. Shell isn't the one being disrespectful here.
(April 3, 2012 at 12:43 pm)whateverist Wrote: Could I please find out what "warnings" are and how exactly I will know when I have received one? Is there any procedures I and others should be aware of? I believe I just got my first one at the end of the recently locked thread. Have there been others? Just curious.

(I ask because I see my "warning level" beside my avatar is unchanged.)

You have no warnings. If you get one, your warning level will go up and you'll get a PM.
Figure I should say what my thoughts were last night. My worries were:

1. That I had spent a lot of time talking to you guys as your sock puppets.
2. The rules. Mostly from the angle that if somebody the creates puppet accounts to prank you guys back then that could cause problems. It would be bad to see somebody get banned over this.

But on thinking about it I think my time was better spent talking to you guys than the people the SP's would have been. Also some interesting debates were had and good point's raised while they were on here. And as far as the rules I think it would be obvious people should not be creating sock puppets in future. But saying that there is the issue of next year. What if for an April fools joke most users did the same?

Other than that I'm cool Smile
(April 3, 2012 at 12:41 pm)Rayaan Wrote: [Image: aW0jx.jpg]

Did you do Ninja?

ROFLOL

I pretty much knew right off the bat it was a faker, but I didnt know it was a sock puppet. LOL. some of the posts were excellent funny. They were so aggrivatingly humorous I HAD to play along with them.
@Insanity: As I've already stated in the other thread, if people were to turn the tables on us next year, we would take it as a joke. Of course, since we have access to IP logs, we'd probably cotton on pretty fast (unless people used a proxy). I doubt people would be that unoriginal though Tongue
Whatever, you got a verbal warning to cease your personal attacks on me. It will be formal if it continues.

My main issue with the complaints is that I heard numerous times, from some of the complainers as well, that it was the most entertaining day on AF to date. Now, all of a sudden it is a conspiracy and it was done to "bait" certain people and, blah, blah, blah. The tune has changed drastically. I'll be honest and say that most of the complaints come from at least one individual who has admitted to hating this forum and very clearly likes to stir up exactly this kind of shit.
I am appeased Smile

* Nine try's to recover from the mindfucking.
Bitches gonna bitch.

Also I'd like to add I didn't even read the other thread. I don't give a damn.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regarding April Fools Day Foxaèr 8 982 April 1, 2018 at 10:54 am
Last Post: henryp
  10 April Fools Stories which aren't Fidel_Castronaut 5 1114 April 1, 2015 at 5:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  April Fools Joel 43 6615 April 1, 2013 at 10:56 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Why such controversy over prank? Aractus 65 17041 December 11, 2012 at 1:42 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko