Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist Recieves Death Threats after Case to Remove Prayer Banner
Jessica Ahlquist is a 16 year old atheist who recently won a suit to have a prayer banner removed from her high school in Cranston Rhode Island. She has received numerous threats as a result of the ruling and has been ostracized and bullied by her peers.

Check out some of these examples of religious tolerance:

"Let's all jump that girl who did the banner #fuckthatho"

"I want to punch the girl in the face that made west take down the school prayer... #Honestly"

"hail Mary full of grace @jessicaahlquist is gonna get punched in the face"

"Fuck Jessica alquist I'll drop anchor on her face"

"lol I wanna stick that bitch lol"

"We can make so many jokes about this dumb bitch, but who cares #thatbitchisgointohell and Satan is gonna rape her."

"Brb ima go drown that atheist in holy water"

""But for real somebody should jump this girl" lmao let's do it!"

"shes not human shes garbage"

"wen the atheist dies, they believe they will become a tree, so we shld chop her down, turn her into paper then PRINT THE BIBLE ON HER."

"May that little, evil athiest teenage girl and that judge BURN IN HELL!"

"definetly laying it down on this athiest tommorow anyone else?"

"yeah, well i want the immediate removal of all atheists from the school, how about that?"

"If this banner comes down, hell i hope the school burns down with it!"

"U little brainless idiot, hope u will be punished, you have not win sh..t! Stupid little brainless skunk!"

"Nothing bad better happen tomorrow #justsaying #fridaythe13th"

"How does it feel to be the most hated person in RI right now? Your a puke and a disgrace to the human race."

"I think everyone should just fight this girl"

"I hope there's lots of banners in hell when your rotting in there you atheist fuck #TeamJesus"

"literally that bitch is insane. and the best part is she already transferred schools because shes knows someone will jump her #ahaha"

"Hmm jess is in my bio class, she's gonna get some shit thrown at her"

"gods going to fuck your ass with that banner you scumbag"

"I found it, what a little bitch lol I wanna snuff her"

"if I wasn't 18 and wouldn't go to jail I'd beat the shit out of her idk how she got away with not getting beat up yet"

"nail her to a cross"

"When I take over the world I'm going to do a holocaust to all the atheists"

Check out her speech in the bottom link. This girl is a born leader. She is a brave one!

http://www.alternet.org/belief/153803/wh...age=entire

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...r-lawsuit/
"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." -Friedrich Nietzsche

"All thinking men are atheists." -Ernest Hemmingway

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." -Voltaire
RE: Atheist Recieves Death Threats after Case to Remove Prayer Banner
The sad part is that it's not even surprising. How dare she oppress those poor Christians.
Fucking disgusting.. And they would be the same that say atheists are immoral..
Well, Christians aren't allowed to burn people at the stake that disagree with them anymore, so they have to settle for threats and intimidation when anyone dares to challenge the authority of their religion.

And kudos to this girl. Anyone who pisses off the religious this badly must be doing something right.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Saw her at the reason rally. I think she was awarded atheist of the year, and got a scholarship check from American atheists. Well deserved.
Good for her! The world needs more people like this girl. Those comments are disgusting though. And yet, Christians still insist that they are the moral ones. Rolleyes

I'm listening to her speech right now. Wow.
We should invite that young lady here. Get away from these fuckheaded xtians for a while.
There is so much ignorance in the world. Shit like this makes me more and more misanthropic. Fucking empty-headed sacks of meat.
I posted on her Facebook timeline. I'm very upset about this honestly, very disturbed.
Oh the irony of the "literally that bitch is insane" comment.

You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

This just proves that just because a lot of people deride you for something you do, doesn't mean that what you did was wrong.

I'm glad she stuck to her guns and didn't become insecure and recant.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anybody noticed Rick Perry's prayer meetings? JuliaL 5 1423 May 25, 2015 at 9:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Atheists sue to block Texas governor from promoting Christian prayer rally Judas BentHer 20 6839 July 19, 2011 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: thebigfudge
  IHOP Sues a Prayer Group. Eilonnwy 4 1912 September 18, 2010 at 1:00 am
Last Post: Watson
  Teacher may lose job after derogatory comments about her students on Facebook Autumnlicious 14 6079 February 17, 2010 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: Ashes1995